Stayed here as part of Insight Gold Playgrounds of Europe tour. Probably the biggest hotel room and bathroom of the trip. Two separate closets,lots of space, very nice decor. Grounds are large, well kept, lots of space to sit out near the lake. Very nice outdoor pool. Beautiful restaurant overlooking the pool. Buffet breakfasts ok, only selection of cereals, cheeses meats, no hot food, so rather limited. The room and breakfasts were included in the tour so I cannot comment on value but be forewarned that eating at the hotel is not cheap. A buffet lunch (again, mostly cold cuts cheeses breads and fruits) is 35 euro per person, and did not include the 10 euro bottle of water or 6 euro coffee. One night, too lazy to travel and there are no restaurants (or stores or anything) near the hotel so we shared an omelet and salad. Another 30 euro for room service. We did not have supper at the hotel but another couple who did dine there said it cost well over 200 euro for dinner and wine. Only other issues include the language barrier we had with the staff and a so-so gym with absolutely no ventilation. But it is overall a very nice hotel, nice location, if you want to splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the enchanting shores of Lake Lugano, this luxurious property offers elegance and charm in a breathtaking location. Behind the impressive façade, the Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano boasts dining and leisure facilities that rank among the finest in Switzerland. Only 7 km away from the centre of Lugano, the hotel features 3 restaurants serving typical regional, Mediterranean and international cuisine with a wide range of international wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Diamond Resort Olivella
- Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano Switzerland/Swiss Alps - Morcote