The main feature that drew us to this hotel was the room rate, which was low for an upgraded a 5-star hotel. Other than that everything was quite average. The room was spacious but did not have an appealing feel to it (maybe just too old). Nevertheless all the facilities were just fine. The spa was good except for the weird Jacuzzi. I'd guess the best rooms are the suites sitting right on the lake, but I did not see them on the inside. Breakfast was good. All in all it was worth the room rate, but if you're looking for a proper 5 star hotel, this is not the one. Also note that it is outside the city (Lugano) and the shuttle service ends quite early (~21:30).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the enchanting shores of Lake Lugano, this luxurious property offers elegance and charm in a breathtaking location. Behind the impressive façade, the Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano boasts dining and leisure facilities that rank among the finest in Switzerland. Only 7 km away from the centre of Lugano, the hotel features 3 restaurants serving typical regional, Mediterranean and international cuisine with a wide range of international wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Diamond Resort Olivella
- Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano Switzerland/Swiss Alps - Morcote