We stayed 4 nights, the physical elements of the hotel and rooms are amazing, the size, view and quality of the facilities are definately 5 star. Unfortunately the service was at best average. The rooms were barely cleaned on 2 of the 4 days we stayed, we were left with out towels on one of the nights and our experience of the restuarants was very similar. We booked the parnoramic restaurant, which is in an amazing location with in the hotel. The food we were served was good, but the service was terrible. There we 3 other tables that evening, of which one looked like it was entertaining a client of the hotel, around 10 people who seemed to be getting every attention of the waiters and other staff. This meant our empty plates were left on the table for 10 minutes and it took forever to get their attention. Not normally an issue but when its your wifes birthday and you are paying over €200 for a meal you expect some kind of attention and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the enchanting shores of Lake Lugano, this luxurious property offers elegance and charm in a breathtaking location. Behind the impressive façade, the Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano boasts dining and leisure facilities that rank among the finest in Switzerland. Only 7 km away from the centre of Lugano, the hotel features 3 restaurants serving typical regional, Mediterranean and international cuisine with a wide range of international wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Splendia and Despegar.com so you can book your Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Diamond Resort Olivella
- Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano Switzerland/Swiss Alps - Morcote