We stayed 3 nights with half board. Our room was on the 3rd floor with the Lugano lake view. The room was excellent with a fantastic view. The only downside is that one could hear the cars passing by, people talking and the activities that goes on in front of the hotel. The SPA area was very good and well stocked with everything that one needs. But too dark for my taste. The big disappointment was the food at the restaurant. Starting from the appetizer till desert the food had no taste to it. As a good cook I was completely disappointed. Luckily the hotel was nice enough to reimburse the second night. On the other hand I have to say that service was EXCELLENT! throughout the entire hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the enchanting shores of Lake Lugano, this luxurious property offers elegance and charm in a breathtaking location. Behind the impressive façade, the Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano boasts dining and leisure facilities that rank among the finest in Switzerland. Only 7 km away from the centre of Lugano, the hotel features 3 restaurants serving typical regional, Mediterranean and international cuisine with a wide range of international wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Splendia, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Diamond Resort Olivella
- Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano Switzerland/Swiss Alps - Morcote