We ended up here for four nights and was a little worried because it was not in Lugano, but we had a car. However, upon exploring the area, we actually preferred the small town of Marcote to Lugano and it was more relaxed and had incredible views. The hotel itself was very nice and it was also quite and relaxing. The breakfast was ok, but it was included in the price, so who am I to complain.
I would recommend this hotel if you want to get out of the busy Lugano and want a more relaxed vacation. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this area as opposed to Lugano and it felt more like what you would expect from the Lake Lugano area. In addition, I personally preferred Marcote. Staff did not speak English very well, so be prepared on that front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the enchanting shores of Lake Lugano, this luxurious property offers elegance and charm in a breathtaking location. Behind the impressive façade, the Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano boasts dining and leisure facilities that rank among the finest in Switzerland. Only 7 km away from the centre of Lugano, the hotel features 3 restaurants serving typical regional, Mediterranean and international cuisine with a wide range of international wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Diamond Resort Olivella
- Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano Switzerland/Swiss Alps - Morcote