I stayed here for two nights with my mother. I absolutely loved the location and view. My mother and I stayed in two separate deluxe rooms with lake view. Beautiful! View was beautiful. I have stayed in many 5 * resorts and thought this hotel was somewhat lacking. The decor was very, very dated. I was very frustrated with construction going on at the hotel at the time of our stay. They ripped up enire parking lot in front of hotel. Sledge hammers all day long. I wish I would have been informed about this before our stay. Will probably be over by the time you stay there. Furniture and paintings all over resort were tacky and dated. Some of the curtains in the room had holes in them. Stains visible on carpet in room as well as common areas in hotel. Was surprised by that. The Oriental bar was very dated. However, I was very impressed by service including free drinks that came with our reservation. Had any alcoholic drink we wanted. More impressive was accompaniments. Nuts and little sausages/cold cuts and other treats. Never have been served a similar spread anywhere else. Massages in spa were great. 30-minutes were included in deal we had. We also had included a 4-course dinner. Very nice, but service was quirky. The head waiter of the hotel poured wine into the water glass that was full with water. While he offered to bring an additional bottle of wine ( a little over the top!), that never happend! However, some glasses of wine by the glass were offered for free afterwards. While I am 100 percent English and Swiss German and French speaking, I was a bit surprised that person at front desk in the evening was only able to speak English and announced this readily . While I am not sure about this place. View and location I loved. A little aways from other things. But given level of rating of hotel, I am not sure. I think it is a bit exaggerated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the enchanting shores of Lake Lugano, this luxurious property offers elegance and charm in a breathtaking location. Behind the impressive façade, the Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano boasts dining and leisure facilities that rank among the finest in Switzerland. Only 7 km away from the centre of Lugano, the hotel features 3 restaurants serving typical regional, Mediterranean and international cuisine with a wide range of international wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Splendia, Hotel.de, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Diamond Resort Olivella
- Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano Switzerland/Swiss Alps - Morcote