“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandy Cove Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Sandy Cove Hotel to your Saves list
Sandy Cove Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Coast Road | Combe Martin Bay, Berrynarbor, Berrynarbor EX34 9SR, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Berrynarbor
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked a 2 day break before christmas and it was great the room was first-class with a view to die for the food was outstanding....I had the most amazing dessert I,ve ever had it was called textures of chocolate but i did want to try all the desserts as they all sounded amazing everything tasted great with lovely flavours and it also was fantastically presented. We used the swimming pool and it does look tired but they had a notice up saying it would be refurbished in January. The staff were lovely and made us feel really welcome. All in all it was a great relaxing break and really good value we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for 2 nights and were a bit dubious when we saw the price of £50 including a three course a la carte dinner and breakfast but it was absolutely fab! The meal we had was amazing and I don't know how they can do this for the price! They do have a rosette award for food and we could see why, the flavours were fab and the presentation amazing. Breakfast was also great and our room was very good. The hotel is in a stunning location with fantastic sea views. Cant recommend this place highly enough and have already booked another break in January while this offer is still running. Well done to all the staff, all friendly and efficient and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked the hotel for my daughters exclusive use wedding from Sunday 30th November until Tuesday 2nd December. Well what can I say when we arrived the hotel was beautifully dressed for Christmas just as discussed with them in the run up to the wedding. We were taken around all the rooms by the housekeeper and wedding coordinator to ensure everything was "just right". All the rooms were perfect, clean and fresh. The check in process for all 70 guests was smooth and faultless. Dinner that evening was fantastic service great and nothing was to much trouble. The wedding day started with ladies breakfast with the bride
and again the food was faultless. The ceremony room was beautifully set up. The drinks reception went very smoothly with very attentive staff. The wedding breakfast was a triumph all tables were served quickly so no one had to wait and the staff were again very professional and attentive. Again the evening buffet was great with plenty of food for all. The following morning breakfast was great again. All in all I would like to make a special mention to Dan the restaurant
manager who's attention to detail is amazing and who ran our event in a professional, friendly manner where all our requests were never to much trouble. Thank you Dawn, Lucie , Dan the chefs, all the restaurant team and all the housekeeping staff
who made this special time amazing for us and all our
guests.

• Stayed December 2014
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here last winter after attending two funerals , one local to our home and another in Cornwall. One will appreciate that we needed somewhere quiet to reflect and recuperate. This hotel certainly fitted the bill. It was in a wonderfully quiet hillside position and the views were quite stunning.
The hotel was quite old fashioned and all the better for it. Food was tasty served by pleasant staff. It was more likely to suit older people rather than families as it is a long way from the beaches.

Room Tip: Make sure of a sea view room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had exclusive use for the whole weekend. As a bride everything was perfect. Some of our guests arrived late on Friday, so the staff even put platters of food in their rooms as they'd missed out on a beautiful three course dinner.

The venue is absolutely stunning, and staff were very helpful throughout.

Everyone has commented on the beautiful rooms, great scenery, awesome food, and helpful staff.

I've told my husband that we're going back for every anniversary!!

Thanks to all at Sandy Cove for making such a special weekend for us all.

Stayed November 2014
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked exclusive use of Sandy Cove Hotel for our wedding in October and I have not one bad word to say about the incredible staff, hotel, food, rooms or location. We had professional and friendly advice from word go, whatever we wanted Dawn and Lucie, our wedding planners tried to accommodate for us.

It was so much fun having the hotel full of our friends and family! It's like one big house party with all your favourite people! If you want to take your guests breath away host your weekend here - everyone who arrived were blown away by the gorgeous view. On the Friday night no one could believe a three course a la Carte meal was provided for them - and the food was not just standard, it was outstanding. This only set the bar for the next day! This is where Dan came in. He was the man in charge on our wedding day and I cannot sing his praises enough. I was so particular about my table decorations and he nailed it! He thought of every detail and was patient and kind and always smiling - never flustered. As the bride I did not want to go downstairs for breakfast in case my finance saw me! So I was bought breakfast to my room by Dan and other waiters with smiling faces.

When I went to get in my wedding car to go to the church it wouldn't start. So Dawn and Dan got all of the staff to stop what they were doing and push the car down the hill to jump start it!! It was such a funny moment, if a little tense! The car never did start, but Dawn stayed with me whilst we waited for another car to come and made sure I had some water and kept me chatting.

When food and drinks were served at our reception my guests commented to me how the staff were always with a smile and couldn't do enough. Our guests were also impressed with their rooms, the majority of which had a sea view.

Going into the evening we had a great time and what I loved most was that there was no curfew, as we had exclusive use we could play our music as late as we wanted! The staff kept the bar open 'till late into the night, even when there were only a few stragglers left!

The next morning the room was turned out beautifully for breakfast and when I pulled a member of staff aside to ask how they did it they said they had all only had 3 hours sleep all weekend. And they were still smiling! I do not know how they did it.

So in a nutshell, I couldn't imagine anywhere better to host a wedding, there is so much value for money and you cannot buy personality - which all the staff had in bucket loads. We are all still talking about it now!

Room Tip: If you are the bride and groom and booking your reception here make sure you book the honeymoon suit...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel midweek for three nights. A secluded location, very hilly with a fantastic seaview. The room had an amazing seaview, light and bright but could benefit from attention to detail. Great value for money in November, however if you were paying full price the hotel looks a little tired and you expect everything to work. The bathroom needed redecorating and lights in the bedroom did not work. The hair dryer stopped working after two minutes. The pool was very tired and most definately could benefit from an update, we chose not to swim despite taking our costumes. However, the food was five star and could really not be faulted. The evening meal was varied and interesting. The restaurant staff were also really friendly and attentive. A little TLC and this hotel would definately be improved.

Room Tip: A seaview is a must
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandy Cove Hotel? Share your experiences!