“Good motel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort

Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort
You added Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort to your Saves list
Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort
1185 Passchendaele Road, Box 250 | British Columbia, Sorrento, British Columbia V0E 2W0, Canada   |
“Good motel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great location easy to find. Well presented gardens with a playground for children. It's not a 5* hotel but it offers good value for money. Friendly owners, willing to offer plenty of advice on what to do.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ABBOTSFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Whenever my work schedule has me in the Sorrento area, my first call is to Don & Sherri at the Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort, to reserve one of their kitchen units. I always find them to be clean, quiet, and comfortable. The sleeping room feels more like a room at your best friends place than a motel. Each unit has a barbeque outside the door, so you can relax with a cold beer outside, while your steak dinner is cooking. I usually do not watch TV, but they have recently added digital music to their cable package. There are enough choices to satisfy any musical taste. The grounds around the resort are well kept. I can only imagine the time the Mitchells spend to keep the yards so neat I have stayed here during all three seasons that they are open. Plan a stay in spring. Sitting outside, in the early evening, with the fragrance from the blooming Lilacs - priceless. I have on several occasions extended my stay just to be able to spend another night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

On Sep 9 in the evening I was travelling from Kamloops and was delayed several hours then rerouted from Falkland due to a forest fire. It was necessary to travel an unfamiliar backroad in the dark to get back to the highway because of the fire -- by the time I reached Sorrento, I was stressed out, hungry, had to use the washroom, so decided I needed to stop for the night -- I stopped at the Shuswap Lake Motel & Resort to enquire about their room rates and decided not to acquire a room because I felt the rate was high. I believe I politely voiced that opinion. Even though I wasn't renting a room, I asked if I could please use their washroom and was told that I couldn't and their was an outhouse down the road. Even though I wasn't staying at the motel, I feel that it was incredibly cruel & rude of the proprietor to not allow me to use a washroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Don1127372, Owner at Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
In response to the "unaccommodating" review, it is unfortunate that this lady was detoured and had to travel on unfamiliar roads. The rate we quoted her was $79.00 which is a very competitive, if not lower rate, for our area. When she asked to use the washroom, she was directed 200 meters down the road to the public washroom that the community had installed for this purpose. It is an "outhouse" built to the same standards and maintained as other washrooms on the highway are. We do not have a washroom in our office and it is our policy not to allow people to use our personal washroom in our house.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at the Shuswap Lake Motel while attending a music camp/workshop at the adjacent Sorrento Centre site. Again this year, the duplex cabin was more than adequate for my needs, spacious, well-equipped, clean, quiet, sunny and cool in the daily sun and warm in the cool of the night. There's no urban "bling", but all of the essentials are here and the staff and owners are friendly and accommodating. Outside my door were amenites for the kids and apple trees with ripening fruit to taste. The town of Sorrento is a short 3-5 minute walk away for any provisions and the beach is a short walk down a forest-covered path.
Be aware that the motel is adjacent to the highway and although traffic slows to go through Sorrento, there is the muted sound of large trucks passing. This never bothered me but if you're seeking absolute silence, you may find it a bit irritating.
Thanx to Don and Sheree for a great, economical and hospitable stay.

Room Tip: North facing rooms will be quieter, but not as sunny and part of the site is a campground with campe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Leduc, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed in the campground portion of the Resort. The owners do a very good of keeping the place clean and tidy and are vey friendly..
Place is great for kids as they have tons of play areas and toys, from a large sandbox (including toys) to a full size trampoline and three play sets (swings, slides, etc etc)..
A gas station, pizza place, and full market is a walk away..
Showers are free.

Bad parts (not the fault of the owners) is its location.. It has access to a private beach but its a rough walk (6 minutes downhill, 15 minutes uphill LOL), and the 'resort' is only 100 ft from the main hwy (bring earplugs!!)..

I would recommend this place to anyone who is NOT looking for the quiet 'back to nature' camping experience. Would also make a great 'stop over' place for those travelling long distances.

P.S. If you like Bluegrass music, the third week in August, Sorrento has a music festival just north of the "Resort".. If you hate bluegrass BRING EARPLUGS as it goes on day and night!

Motel was always full when we stayed their, but the owners were able to find camping spots for anyone who need it..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Airdrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just wanted to send a huge thank you to everyone at Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort. Our family had an absolutely amazing time during the end of July. They have built and maintained a beautiful spot that has something for every style of 'camper' and sooooo much to do for little kids. We had our 70+ year old grandparents to a 7 month old baby and everyone loved their stay. Very easy to find off the highway and all the conveniences of town a super short walk away. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Quite a variety of spots from little cabins to tenting sites to gravelled RV sites. Owners are very...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Parksville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were delighted with the grassy setting, and individual/duplex cabins. On entering the room we found it was light and airy, and had fridge, A/C and much more. The hosts were able to help me get Wi-fi onto my laptop, and contact friends in the area, using their phone. Wonderfully friendly. Easy access to beach and back from the highway- so very quiet. Would have stayed longer but they were fully booked.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort? Share your experiences!