“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Byram
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stopped in because I was tired of driving and wanted to lay down a few hours before getting back on the road. I was treated with the upmost respect at check in like she knew me personally and I had never been to this hotel before. I know good customer service because I am a manager at Fairfield Inn and I was just overly excited about the service. It impacted me so much that I went back to work and had a meeting with my staff letting them know about my experience and the areas we need to improve in. Usually when I tell someone NO I am not interested in joining the point programs I usually get attitude but she was still very friendly and advised me that she will just check back with me and I loved the fact that she didn't just give up. I give credit where credit is due and this is one time I can say that it is DUE to this young lady. I wanted to wait on the manager to get in the next morning so that I could brag on her but when I walked to the front desk to my surprise she was still there because I didn't even get her name when I checked in LOL, I said how can I let someone know how friendly and nice you were and her response was "See that's why I told you to join our program" I couldn't do anything but laugh. I told her that I didn't have time and that I needed to get back on the road so she said well here's a card you can go online and tell everyone about your experience with Chelria at Holiday Inn in Byram we would really appreciate it. The room was very clean and my overall experience at this hotel was just WONDERFUL! I will be returning here whenever I'm in the area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Petal, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The service at this hotel was excellent! The staff (Ebony) was beyond helpful! My grandmother passed away so I needed to check in early to get dressed. It was not at problem at all. I explained my situation and she gladly helped. The room was very clean, quiet and also a very good rate. As I left, I made sure to let them know how much I greatly appreciated the great service because we all know that GREAT service is hard to find. I will stay here again and HIGHLY recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

stopped here for the night on the way to new orleans, my 3 year old grandson amd i enjoyed the pool twice, breakfast was great, service was excellent, rooms where clean, would stop here again, several places to eat for dinner,

Room Tip: bring your bathing suit, nice pool
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Conyers, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Last weekend I spent two days as a guest in the Bates Hotel called “Holiday Inn Express”. I am a Priority Club member with Holiday Inn Express so I have high expectations for my choice. The service at the front desk was horrible. The toilet over filled and the desk refused to bring a plunger. “You’ll have to do that yourself, I’m busy”. When I shared my concerns at the desk I was treated with disrespect and lack of service. The rooms were halfway cleaned. I will NEVER AGAIN stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I would recommend the COMFORT INN on the other side of the interstate.

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear 987DanB,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and writing feedback about your stay. It is very unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations on this day due to the level of service received from our staff. Your feedback will be addressed with them accordingly to ensure incidents like this do not happen again in the future.

Regards,

Pam G
Yukon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Comfortable bed.. great staff... everything as it should be.. well managed. Special Kuodos to the lady that runs the breakfast, very well done at keeping everything clean, stocked, and fresh. Internet service was good... this is why I use HI Express

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel was nice, but had an odd odor in our room. It wasn't just in our rooms, it was in the hallways and lobby too. The pool is indoors and clean, but indoors so everything echoes. The continental breakfast was good.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Erica H ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us monitor and improve the quality of our product and services we offer our guests.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was JUST ok for a quick overnight stay. When entered room, there was a horrible stench in the room. The front desk person happened to be accompanying us because our keys were not working. She indicated that the housekeeping people do not turn on the air conditioning when they are cleaning the rooms which leaves the small rooms smelling like a dirty gym.

I decided to just stay here because I would only be staying one night in this hotel. I don't know if I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Kmari78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our apologies for the unusual smell of the room accommodations you received that fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram? Share your experiences!