“THE place to stay in San Jose!” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Brasil de Santa Ana, Santa Ana 6100, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“THE place to stay in San Jose!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

There's really not much to add to the infinite number of positive reviews about CBR. Steve and Rita are absolutely amazing! It all started even before we booked our flights to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. Rita was very helpful with recommending where to visit and stay, attractions to see, and restaurants to try; booking transportation; and providing other additional tips/information on Costa Rica. All you gotta do is ask and they'll handle it all! They made the whole experience of spending hours traveling and arriving in an unknown foreign country very personable.

After being picked up and driven by Steve, we were welcomed by a trio of dogs - Topo, Ratatouille, and Tintin. They were so loving and super sweet and even laid with me on the patio overlooking the canyon while I enjoyed a nice cocktail that Steve whipped up! The views were stunning and pictures don't even do them justice! We stayed in the Mariposa room even though we originally booked the Canopy room. Rita offered the choice to switch to the Mariposa since it was available. So glad we did too because it was so beautifully decorated and unique!!

All in all, this is THE place to stay! We will definitely be back and staying with StRita again - maybe for an anniversary trip?? =]

Room Tip: The Mariposa room was perfect for our honeymoon!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My return flight from San Jose was early in the morning so I had to find a place to stay the night before my flight. I did not want to spend any time in San Jose and was eager to find a place outside of San Jose and not too far from the airport: and this is the B&B that I happened to stumble upon while I was searching for accommodation possibilities! I am certain I could not have found a better place to stay, and I only wish I had stayed there at least two nights. The place is absolutely beautiful. Pure style and charm, with stunning views of the Central Valley. It's is without doubt one of the most amazing B&Bs I've ever stayed at and I would return any day. Rita and Steve are amazing hosts! You are in for a real treat when you meet them. They run their "business" with a real sense of passion and enthusiasm, which makes any curious traveler happy to have come across their piece of paradise on earth. And their three dogs are absolutely hilarious and ever so friendly, and of course the various colorful and exotic birds in the front and back yard add to the atmosphere of this beautiful B&B! I highly recommend that you stay at this place. And it is certainly very conveniently located to the San Jose airport which makes it a perfect spot for starting or ending your adventure travels in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are spectacular. Depends on what you wish to spend and how big you wish your room t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

First, our flight was cancelled due to weather in the USA and we had to travel a day later than planned. Rita not only changed our reservation with no issues, but also offered to make any calls to other Costa Rican places to alert them to our change in plans! Easily 5 calls and 10 emails! This was a HUGE help! We LOVED being picked up at the airport-- so easy. Rita had a very nice snack ready for us and, of course, it was a great place to stay. Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at Casa Bella Rita for 5 nights. I didn't know what to expect but I heard great things from a work colleague. We were blown away! This was a wonderful B&B. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious, and the property had spectacular views and grounds. We stayed in the attic room, which easily accommodated all 3 of us. Steve and Rita prepared tasty breakfasts and adapted to dietary restrictions. They also mix some pretty awesome cocktails. They went out of their way to handle all details relating to excursions we wanted to take, from booking them and arranging for drivers. Everything went smoothly and as planned. They also made several great recommendations on activities and restaurants. They never steered us wrong. We enjoyed their company and their B&B which started to feel like our "home away from home". I plan on returning and staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Samara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Once again, we enjoyed a wonderful stay. Steve and Rita are great hosts! The location is easy for access to the airport, shopping, dining, and awesome views from the patio. This is really the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my first time here. Steve and Rita treated us like good friends. The rooms were so clean and quiet. The food was fabulous also. They helped us plan side trips also. It was like staying with family. Couldn't have been better. We started and ended our trip at Casa Bella Rita and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Room Tip: lower levels are better if you have trouble with stairs. All rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I couldn't rave more about my stay at Casa Bella Rita this summer. Steve and Rita are lovely people and really made me feel at home. If you need to stay at San Jose, this is definitely the place. It's close to downtown San Jose, but there's plenty of good food nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!