“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Real San Jose

You added Quality Hotel Real San Jose to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Real San Jose
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Autopista Prospero FernandezCostado Este Forum, Santa Ana 60-6155, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Santa Ana
Richmond, Virginia
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Clean and well-appointed hotel located in the Santa Ana suburb around 15 minutes west of San Jose. Parking is complimentary. Right next to the hotel are two dining options .. Rosti Pollo (grilled chicken fast food style) and a mexican restaurant. Around a 5 minute drive in Santa Ana there are also several excellent dining opportunities.

Hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. Rooms include a safe and other amenities such as coffee maker, iron, and flat-screen TV. Downstairs there is a full-service restaurant that also provides for room service. The nightly rate includes buffet breakfast which features a variety of items, all very delicious.

Overall a nice hotel a little further outside of San Jose ... from this hotel the mid Pacific coast towns can be reached very easily by car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guests,

We thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Effectively our hotel is located in a strategic area and we are within walking distance to three restaurants, further down the road to a variety of shopping malls, supermarkets, shops. The description of the rooms you made was excellent. We would not have done better. We have a restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner. Rooms service 24 hours.

All hotel rates have buffet breakfast, internet and local calls included.

Hoping to see you soon again in our facilities.

Fernando Fernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a perfect place to stay at the end or beginning of your vacation to Costa Rica ... if you need to have North American amenities. The rooms are predictable, comfortable and consistent. We have stayed here many times and always find that the internet works, the rooms are clean, great breakfast included, transport to the hotel in the morning and excellent and very helpful staff.

It's about a 15 minute cab ride to the airport (about $20) and is good value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. As your coments many travelers stay with us because we are located in an area you can find a variety of restaurants, bars, malls. Additional all our rates include buffet breakfast, internet and local calls.

We are very pleased to have been part of your positive experience in Costa Rica.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here in July with a student travel program (as the teacher leader). At the end of our CR experience, some of my students got sick, and we stayed in the Quality Real while the group finished the trip elsewhere. The hotel was absolutely AMAZING! First of all, when a student's fever spiked way after doctors were gone for the day, they got me a wonderful English-speaking paramedic to check her out. When another student needed medicine that the pharmacy wouldn't deliver (it didn't cost enough, and I was not allowed to leave the students to go pick it up), they sent one of their drivers at NO COST to go pick it up for me, along with some Gatorade for the students. When we needed food, they were able to get a local restaurant to bring over a menu, since I needed to order in and the hotel restaurant was a bit out of my budget.

On our last night, I asked housekeeping to change sheets for one of the girls who was finally feeling better, explaining she had been sick. The housekeeper even went so far as to fetch her a new comforter as well, and not just change the sheets.

During this time I was constantly in my room, so I could be close to the students, and when I told housekeeping I just needed to switch out my towels, she came back later just to make sure I didn't require anything else.

Aside from being the most helpful hotel EVER, the rooms were immaculate, the restaurant was hotel-pricy but delicious (and the included free breakfast was AMAZING), the pool is in a courtyard and was lovely, there is a two-washer guest laundry, a business center where copies and internet are free, and again just the best customer service ever. I look forward to staying here again when I return to Costa Rica in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We believe that when such events happen on trips is when you see the genuine solidarity of the people. We are very pleased by the performance of our employees while you and your students requiring our help and more so that you have felt cared.

As for our rates all they have the breakfast buffet included, internet and local calls.

Hoping to see you soon in our hotel.

Coos Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here when we had an early flight back to the states. It was very clean and we received a free upgrade on arrival the pool was refreshing and the fitness room adequate. The hotel does not have a shuttle to the airport but taxi's are available 24 hours so that is not a problem. We spent 25.00 for a party of 4 withluggage to the airport. Oh as a side not you must pay taxes to leave Costa Rica, ours came to 28.00 per person. The staff does speak some English but be careful they will sometimes act like they understand but they are not grasping the full meaning of our words, brush up on your spanish conversation phrases it is much appreciated and useful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. We are already taking steps to train our employees and deepen their knowledge of the English language. In our reception you can make the payment of tax to leave the country.

Hoping to see you soon.

regards,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

On a recent business trip to Costa Rica, I was staying at the Quality Hotel. I was very impressed with the Hotel Staff. Very courtious and always willing to help with Restaurant recommendations, as well as activities. I would totally recommend this place!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are really pleased that you have had a rewarding stay in our hotel. We are delighted to have been helpful while you were staying with us. Our hotel is the right choice for business, both for its location as our value added rates. Breakfast buffet, 15 meg internet and local calls are included for all our guests.

Hoping to see you soon.

regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we had an early flight out from San Jose airport after visiting the Arenal region. We thought that this hotel was near the airport, and also mistakenly thought that there was an airport shuttle to and from the hotel. It's not really near the airport. It's actually in a strip-mall area, which has a LOT of traffic. The rooms are decent--not luxury by any means, but fine for a night. Breakfast buffet was tasty, and I really enjoyed taking a morning swim before the flight in the nice outdoor pool. However, if you don't have a car (as we didn't), you're kind of stuck at the hotel. There are two chain restaurants right across the parking lot from the hotel, so that's an okay option for dining, but there aren't really sidewalks along the side of the road, so your other options are somewhat limited.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from San Jose. Thanks for your comments about the hotel. Indeed we do not consider ourselves airport hotel, although we are less than 12 km from it. To get to the airport we have 24-hour taxi service which costs $ 25. The Hotel is located in the further development of transnational corporate offices and shopping centers, restaurants and bars in the city. All rates include breakfast buffet in our restaurant which is open from 5:00 am.

Hoping to see you soon at our hotel.

General manager
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel during a recent business trip to Lindora. Quality Inns is a hotel brand I normally steer clear of in the USA and Canada however I had a colleague who highly recommended this hotel to me. I'm very happy the they did as this was one of the best stays I had at a hotel in years (I spend 3-4 months a year in hotels per year). The customer service that all hotel staff provided day after day was world class and white glove. The front desk staff and restaurant staff knew my name within a day and they were great. Pablo, Henry, Nelson and Andrey were all amazing to me and went above and beyond at the front desk I made a couple requests through them and I was impressed in how quick they actioned and completed my asks. There was a young lady at the front desk that I found wasn't as outgoing as the 4 I mentioned above and she never attempted to learn my name. Rolando in the restaurant was my usual waiter and he along with all of his colleagues always made my breakfast experience very enjoyable.

My room was well kept and the cleaning staff did a great job during my entire stay even on weekends. The first 2 days I arrived back while they were still cleaning my room. Before I had a chance to make a request to see if they could clean my room earlier, the housekeeping staff figured out that I arrived back early and for the rest of my stay I had a nice clean room waiting for me everyday after work. This hotel had a great selection of TV channels and I was even able to find the Stanley Cup playoffs.

This hotel was great and I'll be using this as my hotel of choice while traveling to the San Jose area for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. All of our employees both reception, housekeeping and restaurant are very pleased to have been part of your positive experience in our city. The breakfast buffet is included in all our rates.

Hoping to see you soon again in our facilities.

Fernando Fernandez

Been to Quality Hotel Real San Jose? Share your experiences!