“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Real San Jose

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Real San Jose to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Real San Jose
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Autopista Prospero FernandezCostado Este Forum, Santa Ana 60-6155, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Santa Ana
Dallas, Texas
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

On a recent business trip to Costa Rica, I was staying at the Quality Hotel. I was very impressed with the Hotel Staff. Very courtious and always willing to help with Restaurant recommendations, as well as activities. I would totally recommend this place!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are really pleased that you have had a rewarding stay in our hotel. We are delighted to have been helpful while you were staying with us. Our hotel is the right choice for business, both for its location as our value added rates. Breakfast buffet, 15 meg internet and local calls are included for all our guests.

Hoping to see you soon.

regards,

Fernando Fernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we had an early flight out from San Jose airport after visiting the Arenal region. We thought that this hotel was near the airport, and also mistakenly thought that there was an airport shuttle to and from the hotel. It's not really near the airport. It's actually in a strip-mall area, which has a LOT of traffic. The rooms are decent--not luxury by any means, but fine for a night. Breakfast buffet was tasty, and I really enjoyed taking a morning swim before the flight in the nice outdoor pool. However, if you don't have a car (as we didn't), you're kind of stuck at the hotel. There are two chain restaurants right across the parking lot from the hotel, so that's an okay option for dining, but there aren't really sidewalks along the side of the road, so your other options are somewhat limited.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from San Jose. Thanks for your comments about the hotel. Indeed we do not consider ourselves airport hotel, although we are less than 12 km from it. To get to the airport we have 24-hour taxi service which costs $ 25. The Hotel is located in the further development of transnational corporate offices and shopping centers, restaurants and bars in the city. All rates include breakfast buffet in our restaurant which is open from 5:00 am.

Hoping to see you soon at our hotel.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel during a recent business trip to Lindora. Quality Inns is a hotel brand I normally steer clear of in the USA and Canada however I had a colleague who highly recommended this hotel to me. I'm very happy the they did as this was one of the best stays I had at a hotel in years (I spend 3-4 months a year in hotels per year). The customer service that all hotel staff provided day after day was world class and white glove. The front desk staff and restaurant staff knew my name within a day and they were great. Pablo, Henry, Nelson and Andrey were all amazing to me and went above and beyond at the front desk I made a couple requests through them and I was impressed in how quick they actioned and completed my asks. There was a young lady at the front desk that I found wasn't as outgoing as the 4 I mentioned above and she never attempted to learn my name. Rolando in the restaurant was my usual waiter and he along with all of his colleagues always made my breakfast experience very enjoyable.

My room was well kept and the cleaning staff did a great job during my entire stay even on weekends. The first 2 days I arrived back while they were still cleaning my room. Before I had a chance to make a request to see if they could clean my room earlier, the housekeeping staff figured out that I arrived back early and for the rest of my stay I had a nice clean room waiting for me everyday after work. This hotel had a great selection of TV channels and I was even able to find the Stanley Cup playoffs.

This hotel was great and I'll be using this as my hotel of choice while traveling to the San Jose area for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. All of our employees both reception, housekeeping and restaurant are very pleased to have been part of your positive experience in our city. The breakfast buffet is included in all our rates.

Hoping to see you soon again in our facilities.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place has really warm and friendly front desk staff (Pablo, Nelson) and the kitchen staff are awesome too, always quick to assist with anything. After second day they all knew me by my first name which I found really genuine and friendly on their part. The food is great, especially the breakfast buffet.

My one concern is with room cleanliness and service. I noticed red ink/lipstick on the shower curtain upon my arrival, but thought nothing of it since it was on the outside. A few days later I noticed a similar stain on the comforter which freaked me out a little bit. I asked to have the bedding changed immediately and was told it would be done. After 3 hours, housekeeping came to take the bedding and curtain away, but 2 hours later they still hadn't returned it.

Normally I would just switch beds, but because of the tight configuration on the nightstand, my Sleep Apnea machine doesn't make it to the other bed. Having worked all night, waiting an extra 5 hours to get to sleep does not make one a happy camper. The best part is, I had been leaving a nice tip daily for the cleaning service!

I would still recommend this hotel, based on the friendly staff and restaurant, but the cleaning crew can definitely use a lesson in customer service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to write about our service. First of all I want to apologize for what happened in terms of cleaning the room and time we take to give you a solution. That's not the type of service we are accustomed to give all our customers. We are taking appropriate steps on the case for not happen again to any of the visitors staying with us daily.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Nothing romantic, but very functional. Friendly and helpful staff, nice pool and gym, spacious rooms. Highway is right next to the hotel, but you can't hear it from your room (although the pool area is a bit noisy, but still well manageable).

Good place to stay when you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your comments about your experience with us. Indeed we are located in Santa Ana to 7 miles from the International Airport "Juan Santamaria" and close to various shopping centers and restaurants where you can have a good time while we wait for the day to go home. If instead you want to enjoy the hotel as you say we have a good pool area and gym with natural light where you can enjoy the excellent summer weather in the locality.

Hoping to see you soon again in our hotel.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Had a business meeting here and stayed for 3 nights. Everything was great...the room, service, staff, business amenities. Every break I spent sitting outsideby the pool soaking up a bit of much-needed sun and warmth. It was very relaxing and a perfect compliment to the stress of working. The staff called me by name whih was nice. They also helped me arrange a shuttle to La Fortuna and recommended some options so I could spend a few days of R&R in the Arenal area which was just a few hours to the north. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Best regards from San Jose. Thank you for taking the time to write your comment about the hotel. We are delighted that your stay with us has been enjoyable and that we complied with your requirements. As for our location, we are in a strategic area in the city for the business traveler or on vacation.

Hoping to see you again soon at our facilities.

Clearwater Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Everything in the hotel is great! Clean rooms, great breakfast buffet and last, but not least, very friendly hotel staff! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from San Jose Costa Rica. We want to thank you for your comment about your stay at our hotel. We are happy that you have had a pleasant experience with us. Referring to the breakfast is included in all rates.

Hoping to see you soon again in our hotel.

Fernando Fernandez

Been to Quality Hotel Real San Jose? Share your experiences!