“Great start to everyday with an amazing breakfast buffet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Real San Jose

You added Quality Hotel Real San Jose to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Real San Jose
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Autopista Prospero FernandezCostado Este Forum, Santa Ana 60-6155, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Santa Ana
Halifax, Canada
“Great start to everyday with an amazing breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel during a recent business trip to Lindora. Quality Inns is a hotel brand I normally steer clear of in the USA and Canada however I had a colleague who highly recommended this hotel to me. I'm very happy the they did as this was one of the best stays I had at a hotel in years (I spend 3-4 months a year in hotels per year). The customer service that all hotel staff provided day after day was world class and white glove. The front desk staff and restaurant staff knew my name within a day and they were great. Pablo, Henry, Nelson and Andrey were all amazing to me and went above and beyond at the front desk I made a couple requests through them and I was impressed in how quick they actioned and completed my asks. There was a young lady at the front desk that I found wasn't as outgoing as the 4 I mentioned above and she never attempted to learn my name. Rolando in the restaurant was my usual waiter and he along with all of his colleagues always made my breakfast experience very enjoyable.

My room was well kept and the cleaning staff did a great job during my entire stay even on weekends. The first 2 days I arrived back while they were still cleaning my room. Before I had a chance to make a request to see if they could clean my room earlier, the housekeeping staff figured out that I arrived back early and for the rest of my stay I had a nice clean room waiting for me everyday after work. This hotel had a great selection of TV channels and I was even able to find the Stanley Cup playoffs.

This hotel was great and I'll be using this as my hotel of choice while traveling to the San Jose area for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. All of our employees both reception, housekeeping and restaurant are very pleased to have been part of your positive experience in our city. The breakfast buffet is included in all our rates.

Hoping to see you soon again in our facilities.

Fernando Fernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place has really warm and friendly front desk staff (Pablo, Nelson) and the kitchen staff are awesome too, always quick to assist with anything. After second day they all knew me by my first name which I found really genuine and friendly on their part. The food is great, especially the breakfast buffet.

My one concern is with room cleanliness and service. I noticed red ink/lipstick on the shower curtain upon my arrival, but thought nothing of it since it was on the outside. A few days later I noticed a similar stain on the comforter which freaked me out a little bit. I asked to have the bedding changed immediately and was told it would be done. After 3 hours, housekeeping came to take the bedding and curtain away, but 2 hours later they still hadn't returned it.

Normally I would just switch beds, but because of the tight configuration on the nightstand, my Sleep Apnea machine doesn't make it to the other bed. Having worked all night, waiting an extra 5 hours to get to sleep does not make one a happy camper. The best part is, I had been leaving a nice tip daily for the cleaning service!

I would still recommend this hotel, based on the friendly staff and restaurant, but the cleaning crew can definitely use a lesson in customer service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to write about our service. First of all I want to apologize for what happened in terms of cleaning the room and time we take to give you a solution. That's not the type of service we are accustomed to give all our customers. We are taking appropriate steps on the case for not happen again to any of the visitors staying with us daily.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Nothing romantic, but very functional. Friendly and helpful staff, nice pool and gym, spacious rooms. Highway is right next to the hotel, but you can't hear it from your room (although the pool area is a bit noisy, but still well manageable).

Good place to stay when you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your comments about your experience with us. Indeed we are located in Santa Ana to 7 miles from the International Airport "Juan Santamaria" and close to various shopping centers and restaurants where you can have a good time while we wait for the day to go home. If instead you want to enjoy the hotel as you say we have a good pool area and gym with natural light where you can enjoy the excellent summer weather in the locality.

Hoping to see you soon again in our hotel.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Had a business meeting here and stayed for 3 nights. Everything was great...the room, service, staff, business amenities. Every break I spent sitting outsideby the pool soaking up a bit of much-needed sun and warmth. It was very relaxing and a perfect compliment to the stress of working. The staff called me by name whih was nice. They also helped me arrange a shuttle to La Fortuna and recommended some options so I could spend a few days of R&R in the Arenal area which was just a few hours to the north. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Best regards from San Jose. Thank you for taking the time to write your comment about the hotel. We are delighted that your stay with us has been enjoyable and that we complied with your requirements. As for our location, we are in a strategic area in the city for the business traveler or on vacation.

Hoping to see you again soon at our facilities.

Clearwater Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Everything in the hotel is great! Clean rooms, great breakfast buffet and last, but not least, very friendly hotel staff! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from San Jose Costa Rica. We want to thank you for your comment about your stay at our hotel. We are happy that you have had a pleasant experience with us. Referring to the breakfast is included in all rates.

Hoping to see you soon again in our hotel.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the week of February 20, 2012. I arrived at the hotel after 10:00pm. After a long day of traveling a smile would have been nice to see from the staff. I finally got to my room (Room 401). Since it was so late and I had to be at work early the next day I decided to go directly to bed. I might as well have slept on the floor because I am sure it would have been just as comfortable. After sleeping only about 2 hours I went to work. I came back late that nite and attempted to get on the 'free' internet service. It took me over an hour. Now here comes the worse part. As I started to prepare for bed I went into the bathroom and in the sink there was between 50 - 100 small ants. They were crawling in the sink and counter. I called the front desk and the a man came up to my room, took pictures of the ants, killed on the ants on the counter and washed the ones in the sink. He then wiped the the sink down with a towel....and then hung it up on the towel rack. He did ask me if I wanted another room Since I was already in my pajamas and it was past midnite and I had to get up by 6:00am. I told him no, but if there was ants reappeared i would request a new room. In the morning the ants were back and I washed them away myself. I went to the desk on the way to work and told them the ants were back and I wanted a new room and that I would move into the room when I came back from work. I got back late that nite (after 9:00pm) and moved into the new room on the 2nd floor. I was so happy that they put me in a room right next to a busy street and a view of the dumpsters!! The bed was worse than the one in Rm 401. I could not press my clothes becaue the iron did not work, and I could not find an outlet that worked. There was no conditioner that I unfortunately found out while washing my hair. Again, I complained at the front desk. (The manager was never around). When I arrived back late that nite (after 9:00pm) I saw someone coming out of my room. I challenged them why they were in my room. They did not speak English. I went into my room there was a fruit plate and 2 bottles of water. I could tell they put extra effort into cleaning the room...the dirt along the walls and the cobwebs in the corner were gone. I appreciate the gesture...but it was to little to late. The next morning I was leaving and they handed me my bill. I told them that I refuse to pay for the room because they have a 100% guarantee. If you do not enjoy your stay and and it you let them know your do not pay for the room. They proceeded to tell me that they gave me 15% of the bill. I told them fine...charge it out.....I filed a grievance with the credit card company and I told them not to allow the charges to go through. I never saw the Manager (if there really was one...the name was never listed on the Manger sign) but I was told he wanted to talk to me. I left both my email and phone number and I still have not heard anything from him. As fart as I am concerned they are not going to be a preferred hotel.

Room Tip: Bring ant spray and a bottle of Mr. Clean. You also may want to make sure that you have clothes tha...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Best regards from San Jose. First of all would like to thank you took the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We deeply regret what happened to you during your stay in our facilities. Definitely this is not the treatment that we are accustomed to offer to all our visitors.

I will be contacting you directly to discuss the issue. We take very seriously this kind of experience to improve our service every day.

Martinsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed here with my elderly parents for four nights. The staff was son nice and helpful, and also very patient with my parents. The rooms were comfortable and nice, the bathroom was large and clean. This hotel has a restaurant where you can have breakfast (included in the price), lunch, and dinner. It also has a bar. The food was always good, and breakfast was a real treat. They serve hot dishes, fruit, cereal, pastries, bread, juices, coffee, etc. They use real china and silverware. My only suggestion would be to have a vending machine (they have a sign that says vending machine, but there is none).

Room Tip: The third floor is quieter than the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
fernandezb, General Manager at Quality Hotel Real San Jose, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you taking the time to write your comments about our service. We are very pleased to know that both you and your parents are feeling well for the treatment given by our staff during your stay with us as well with the rooms and breakfast.

Regarding the comment about the vending machine we are already taking the necessary steps to have it up and running.

Expecting to see you soon in our Hotel.

Best Regards,

General manager

Been to Quality Hotel Real San Jose? Share your experiences!