“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica

You added Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Del Centro Empresarial Forum 2 | 150 Mts. Sur y 50 Mts. Oeste, Santa Ana 10903, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Santa Ana
Coral Gables, Florida
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

For those travelling on business this hotel meets all requirements. Its a good hotel for the money. It's really near a business area and dinning center. Don't expect much and you will be surprised. Quiet, comfortable and attentive services help this hotel deliver on a great value proposition for mainstream business travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear ourlifeintheworld,

Greetings from Costa Rica!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received attentive service. We will share your kind words with our team.

We hope to see you again soon!

Ingrid Alfonso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel has all the basics. Good size room and bed, good shower, nice tv, free internet, gym, swiming pool. The breakfast is just ok, with the bare minimum and the room service works well up to 10pm.
The rooms are quiet but the walls are very thin, so you car hear everything from your neighbor. In addition the aircondioning is very noisy!
The hotel location is a little far from downdown and trafic in the morning is bad. There are nice restaurante in a walking distance or a quick cab ride.
I would stay again for business for a couple of days. Be careful, business VPN does not connect easily using their internet.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the ground floor room and they were good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear jffcomp,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with this important community.

We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our Hotel and neighborhood during your recent visit. Regarding the air conditioning, our maintenance department is doing a complete revision to make the adjustments to improve it. As part of our Guest Service the Hotel provides with technical support 24 hour for any problem with Internet connection. We appreciate if you could contact us at revenuesupervisor.sjoin@prime-holding.com so we can obtain additional detail regarding your Internet conection.

It would be our pleasure to have you with us on your next trip to our city.

Pura Vida!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Although the hotel, the amenities and the location were nice, my poor review goes to the poor customer service and lack of attention and follow up from their personnel.

After coming back to our room from the pool one morning, we realized that money was missing from a purse that we (our mistake) had left next to the TV. It didn't take long for us to notice the missing money since we had taken it out the ATM the day before and the purse had not left the room since.

We immediately made the complaint with the front desk and were told that the general manager would have to address this situation the next day. The next day no one had contacted us about it so we requested a meeting with the GM.

Although he presented himself professionally, took notes about the events, and assured us that he would do the necessary investigation, we never heard back from him about their investigation or any resolution.

My girlfriend was extremely upset to the point that we had to leave the DND tag over the door for the rest of our stay as she didn't want any of the service people to enter the room again.
Unfortunately for us, we had paid the stay in advance, otherwise we would've looked for another hotel right away.

This whole situation and the lack of attention and importance they gave to our situation really made us feel very uncomfortable and hopeless. I would most definitely NOT stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoCR, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Ricardo G.,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us via TripAdvisor which is an important channel for other travelers to know other customers opinions and experiences.

I just want to remind you that I have personally been in contact with you by phone (I had no luck reaching you) then I sent you a mail dated May 22 which you replied back on May 23rd.

I apologized with you in person and again by mail and offered you a compensation trying to minimize your disappointment and still hope we will be able to get to an agreement regardless of what could have happened with this situation.
Again I replied to your kind message the same day and have not heard back from you since. I sent to you a new message today which I hope you can read soon.

I remain waiting for your comments and will keep in touch with you at your convenience.

Cordially,

Carlos Aya
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I spent a week on Hotel Indigo and i can say it was a great experience. The hotel is very nice, with huge rooms, swimming pool and a basic gym. The staff was very helpful and always smiling.
The breakfast choices: bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, rice, cheese but no row vegetables.
The room was very large and clean with everything that you need: coffee / tea maker machine, iron and ironing board, minibar etc. My room was a little dark and too warm. And here comes the thing i didn't like about this hotel- being too worm I had to turn on the air condition and this was way too nosy .. i felt like sleeping in a plane.
Apart from the air condition issue everything else was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear MadalinaD,

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate the time you had to write your comments which are welcome.
We are very pleased to hear you had a good experience with the amenities and the service provided by our staff, our main concern is keep high standards that our guest are used to get at Boutique Hotels like ours.
We have shared your feedback with our management team in order to make improvements accordingly.

It will be our pleasure to be your host in your future trip to Costa Rica.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at indigo Hotel and it was a great choice. Even when it is far from San Jose's downtown, it is a better option to stay in a quiet and nicer place than staying in the downtown. Near the hotel there are shops, restaurants and malls really close and you won't be missing anything.
The hotel service is amazing, so confortable and gently people, they really know how to treat tourists.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Fernanda C.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your kind review of your recent visit to our hotel. The entire service team was glad to hear your positive comments on your experience with us.

We look forward to your next visit at our hotel and thank you again for your stay with us.

Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was ok, not great. I stayed for 5 nights. Breakfast area too dark in the morning, I look forward to seeing sun in the morning. Breakfast was so so, it was basically the same thing every day, not very tasty or great selection. Hotel a little over priced. The room was nice, with a great bed for sleeping. Window out of my room looked at a plaza and some storage rooms not belonging to the hotel next to me (3rd floor) Had to basically keep the curtain closed most of the time. Got kicked out the pool area twice by the waiters even though I was in a corner minding my own business enjoying what was left of the sunshine.. "This is a private party you cannot use the pool area you have to leave now". Nice way to treat your paying customer. This is my 4th trip to Sn Jose and always stayed at the Quality Inn just down the street. The Quality was I think $35 a night cheaper, served a great breakfast with made to order eggs/ omelletes. Better selction of food and a nice bright eating area. Staff at the Quality call me by my name everytime I enter the lobby, very friendly and helpful. I have made friends with several employees there over the 3 years.Cheaper drinks, happy hour. Don't get me wrong the Quality isn't perfect, rooms are not as nice as the Indigo (but clean and comfortable), and there is some traffic noise at the one end of the hotel. But overall, Indigo has work to do, I was expecting much more. The same comments were echoed by people from the US and Canada that decided to stay there this year for our conference also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear John M,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port Moresby, National Capital, Papua New Guinea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great hotel with very friendly, helpful staff confirmed that I'd made a good choice when I picked this hotel to stay at on my way to my dive charter and on my return journey.
It has a really good functional lobby that is little different to the standard and the welcoming drink was much appreciated.
The rooms are well appointed, with a good mini bar and the beds are really comfortable. (very important)
I dined in the restaurant and the menu was simple but actually promoted some "local" dishes which I really appreciated and enjoyed.
The staff recommendation for a local beer, Bavaria Gold, was excellent and it went down well with my octopus carpaccio.
Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at Hotel Indigo and have no hesitation in recommending it all travellers to San Jose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jim M.,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind appreciations of your recent stay at our hotel.
We are happy to hear you made a good decision picking our hotel for your trip.

One of our goals is give the guests the opportunity to learn about the local culture and typical food on our menu is part of it, we are glad to know you enjoyed your choices.

We do hope to have you here in your future trips to Costa Rica.

Ingrid Alfonso

Been to Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica? Share your experiences!