“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Del Centro Empresarial Forum 2 | 150 Mts. Sur y 50 Mts. Oeste, Santa Ana 10903, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Santa Ana
Bucharest
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I spent a week on Hotel Indigo and i can say it was a great experience. The hotel is very nice, with huge rooms, swimming pool and a basic gym. The staff was very helpful and always smiling.
The breakfast choices: bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, rice, cheese but no row vegetables.
The room was very large and clean with everything that you need: coffee / tea maker machine, iron and ironing board, minibar etc. My room was a little dark and too warm. And here comes the thing i didn't like about this hotel- being too worm I had to turn on the air condition and this was way too nosy .. i felt like sleeping in a plane.
Apart from the air condition issue everything else was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear MadalinaD,

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate the time you had to write your comments which are welcome.
We are very pleased to hear you had a good experience with the amenities and the service provided by our staff, our main concern is keep high standards that our guest are used to get at Boutique Hotels like ours.
We have shared your feedback with our management team in order to make improvements accordingly.

It will be our pleasure to be your host in your future trip to Costa Rica.

Ingrid Alfonso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at indigo Hotel and it was a great choice. Even when it is far from San Jose's downtown, it is a better option to stay in a quiet and nicer place than staying in the downtown. Near the hotel there are shops, restaurants and malls really close and you won't be missing anything.
The hotel service is amazing, so confortable and gently people, they really know how to treat tourists.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Fernanda C.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your kind review of your recent visit to our hotel. The entire service team was glad to hear your positive comments on your experience with us.

We look forward to your next visit at our hotel and thank you again for your stay with us.

Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was ok, not great. I stayed for 5 nights. Breakfast area too dark in the morning, I look forward to seeing sun in the morning. Breakfast was so so, it was basically the same thing every day, not very tasty or great selection. Hotel a little over priced. The room was nice, with a great bed for sleeping. Window out of my room looked at a plaza and some storage rooms not belonging to the hotel next to me (3rd floor) Had to basically keep the curtain closed most of the time. Got kicked out the pool area twice by the waiters even though I was in a corner minding my own business enjoying what was left of the sunshine.. "This is a private party you cannot use the pool area you have to leave now". Nice way to treat your paying customer. This is my 4th trip to Sn Jose and always stayed at the Quality Inn just down the street. The Quality was I think $35 a night cheaper, served a great breakfast with made to order eggs/ omelletes. Better selction of food and a nice bright eating area. Staff at the Quality call me by my name everytime I enter the lobby, very friendly and helpful. I have made friends with several employees there over the 3 years.Cheaper drinks, happy hour. Don't get me wrong the Quality isn't perfect, rooms are not as nice as the Indigo (but clean and comfortable), and there is some traffic noise at the one end of the hotel. But overall, Indigo has work to do, I was expecting much more. The same comments were echoed by people from the US and Canada that decided to stay there this year for our conference also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear John M,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port Moresby, National Capital, Papua New Guinea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great hotel with very friendly, helpful staff confirmed that I'd made a good choice when I picked this hotel to stay at on my way to my dive charter and on my return journey.
It has a really good functional lobby that is little different to the standard and the welcoming drink was much appreciated.
The rooms are well appointed, with a good mini bar and the beds are really comfortable. (very important)
I dined in the restaurant and the menu was simple but actually promoted some "local" dishes which I really appreciated and enjoyed.
The staff recommendation for a local beer, Bavaria Gold, was excellent and it went down well with my octopus carpaccio.
Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at Hotel Indigo and have no hesitation in recommending it all travellers to San Jose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jim M.,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind appreciations of your recent stay at our hotel.
We are happy to hear you made a good decision picking our hotel for your trip.

One of our goals is give the guests the opportunity to learn about the local culture and typical food on our menu is part of it, we are glad to know you enjoyed your choices.

We do hope to have you here in your future trips to Costa Rica.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I like this hotel. It is very comfortable, the rooms are spacious and the staff are friendly and helpful. I could do with an English Breakfast, and I think the gym could do with more space and more equipment, but I did go for some great runs in the area. There are ton's of Restaurants in the surrounding area, from fast food, to great sit down experiences.

Is this hotel especially special! No, not in an out of this world kind of way. But it is a very comfortable place to stay and it offers great value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoCR, Guest Service Executive at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Bill D,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hotel Indigo as your hotel of stay during your recent trip to Costa Rica. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. We addressed your appreciations about breakfast and gym with our Operations Manager.

As you noticed, this neighborhood offers a variety of nice restaurants and bars, many banks and shops around the hotel and easy access to San Jose downtown and the highway to the closest beach as well.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Costa Rica!

Karratha, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here for a night before boarding a dive liveaboard with Aggressor.

I can see why this place won trip advisor awards. Walking into the hotel foyer was a treat: so funky & boutique, with a great feel & delicious welcome drink. Walking into my room took my breath away: huge comfortable king size bed, gorgeous buffet with full mini bar and coffee making facilities, luggage bench, large flatscreen TV with desk & chair, two bedside tables, lamps everywhere, huge funky closet and comfortable big red chair. Power points were plentiful & easily accessible. The bed had good linen and a plethora of pillows. The closet had a safe, lots of coat hangers and iron & board. The furniture was great & a sure feature of the room, but the wallpaper photo of a waterfall was an amazing feature. The air conditioner in the room was a large digital efficient unit. The was a digital alarm clock/IPOD station – awesome!!

The bathroom had a toilet, large shower & sink. Three quality face washers, bath towels, hand towels and bath mat were provided. The bathroom had a great modern finish, with quality soaps (separate body & face), lotion, shampoo & conditions,. The water temperature & pressure were great.

Free ultra fast wifi is included – great reception throughout the hotel. I also had good mobile phone reception. Throughout the hotel (and rooms included) are recycling bins – great to finally find a true hotel keen to recycle! Laundry is provided at a cost. There is a lobby bar & restaurant but I splurged and got awesome room service for dinner (fast, delicious & cheap – chicken & cake US$18) & breakfast (the full delicious, scrumptious breakfast with fresh squeezed juice only US$17). There is a highly comprehensive hotel guide in the room. The pool on the ground floor was beautiful: large & pretty although a little too shallow for my liking. Large towels are provided poolside along with immaculate gardens, great furniture & an amazing wallpaper photograph. Taxi from the airport took about 30mins & cost about US$20.

There are no stores/ATM at the hotel. Not too sure what is close by as I used my time to get online chores done & relax by the pool. The staff were prompt, friendly & helpful. This place was amazing & a sure recipient of the trip advisor award – definitely somewhere you would stay if in San Jose. Shame I wasn’t able to stay longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear aussie_shark_girl,

We are totally grateful for your kind comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel and our services. Each of our amenities were designed for travelers, whether on vacation or business have a pleasant stay. Also our team cares about making each visit a pleasant experience, following our philosophy of providing a genuine service. At our monthly meeting, we shared your review with our staff, which felt very proud of their job done during your visit.

For your next trip to our country you may visit some of the restaurants, bars and shops at our vibrant neighborhood. Also there are some ATMs conveniently close to the hotel.
We are delighted to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip.
Pura vida!

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had to spend a night here for pickup on a Liveaboard trip to Cocos Island. The hotel was ok, but nothing special and too expensive for what it is. I guess this is mainly used for business trips. Staff was mixed, some very helpful others not so friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HotelIndigoCR, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Travelina_11,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback which help us improve our services, we will review our service standard with all our staff at an upcoming meeting to take place next week and will share your opinions with them.

Since we open four years ago and as you can see in other reviews, we have been honored with very positive comments from our customers thanks to the professional and enthusiastic staff we are lucky to have working with us. We apologize if someone in my team was not kind enough to make you feel better.

Regarding prices, we monitor the market place on regular basis and know that we have very competitive rates and prices if you have a specific issues, we will be glad to double check them to make sure that any charge made on your bill was accurate.

We look forward to welcome you in the future,

Kindly,

Carlos Aya

Been to Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum Costa Rica? Share your experiences!