“Need more rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Santa Ana 2090, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Santa Ana
“Need more rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The availability of rooms should be improved cause price/quality is so good that only very few things should change, i would recommend that you get better pillows. Breakfast was so good, 3 options that fullfill all the expectations. Front desk people were very kind but we feel you need a better system at the parking gate for people like us that came in late at night. I was very surprise that the owner is admired in motorsports. This was our first experience and we'll definetely come back.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here twice when in San Jose. The hotel accommodates pet-travel, for a $100 deposit, which is refunded when you leave the room undamaged. This beats paying a pet-sitter in Tamarindo. The other reason is their cost is very low, especially for the accommodations, with the best bed we've slept on in Costa Rica, clean, stylish interiors, and a kitchenette in some of the rooms. Oh yeah, and a pool, which has full sun exposure.

Luisiana has a restaurant, which is adequate, but for my tastes and as a plus, Taco Bar is five-minutes away. There's easy access to grocery shopping at Mas Por Menos, movie theatres, and the nearby malls. Albeit not central to San Jose, the drive in takes about 30-minutes.

The staff here is friendly, helpful, and mostly bilingual (English and Spanish). On our last stay we neglected to pay the pet-deposit at check-in, and the man from the front desk was very polite with approaching us to let us know. This could have been an embarrassing or confrontational conversation but it wasn't. My bad but he didn't shame me over it.

Needless to say... we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Request kitchenette and save with making food inhouse.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed for three nights in July and had a pleasant stay.

The hotel is in a remote neighborhood of Santa Ana. The hotel is good to reach from the main street 121. They should have a sign put up for their hotel at the 121 as it is easy to miss and I didn't see a street sign for Calle Machete. There is a sign for a Berkeley kindergarten that you could follow from 121.
While the neighborhood seemed safe to me they have an electronic gate protecting the parking lot.

The hotel consists of a main building with a restaurant, a 2nd building, a pool and a playground. The buildings have three floors. As mentioned before you can only reach the higher floors through stairs.

I really like the pool as it consists of two parts one with shallow water, good for children that can't swim yet, and a part where you can actually swim. The swim lane was about 10m.

I stayed in the 3rd floor in a basic room. The room was mostly clean. In the bathroom I've seen some small ant-like insects, but for being in a tropical region that seemed negligible. The room had no kitchen devices except for a fridge, which contained some drinks, but was not stuffed with them. So there was still place to put stuff in.

In the room there was also a Sony internet TV, which worked well. The internet at the TV seemed faster than the Wifi, which was rather slow.
I also liked the 2 vacant power outlets next two the bed, that I found very useful and are lacking in many places.

About the construction noise: I've seen some areas where constructions seem to be going on, but didn't see or hear anything going on in the time between Saturday-Tuesday, when I stayed there.

Hotel Luisiana is an intelligently designed clean hotel in a generally quiet neighborhood. For the 35$/night third-party deal I got, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at Luisiana as usually when getting things done in SJ. Love the location away from the city, rooms and outdoor area. It is a really good quality price relationship. And just 5 minutes from Escazu if you need to go shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I just had my vacation in Costa Rica this July 2014 and I stayed in Hotel Luisiana for the entire vacation. It's actually my first time to visit the country and had no detailed plan on things to do. Fortunately, Hotel Luisiana's staffs were very accommodating and helped me all throughout in checking the best tour packages available and in booking them instantly w/in the day I arrived in the hotel.

Hotel Luisiana for me is a total package from its friendly ambiance, neat & clean premises, peaceful location, delicious food (w/ free coffee anytime) and very accommodating staffs. I will not really hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of my friends who wants to visit Costa Rica and if I'll be given a chance to visit the country again, Hotel Luisiana will be on top of my list to stay.

Stayed July 2014
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

suberb stay - realy nice motel type room, very well equiped, excellent breakfast and very close to the airport - also close to shopping, restaurants, and has secure private parking - excellent all round stay and great value - nothing we can fault, would certainly stay again!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I'm sitting outside on the patio enjoying a nice glass of wine and listening to the post Costa Rica Cup celebrations (even after the loss). We are midway through our stay. The staff, especially Rebeca, are great. She has helped us navigate the public buses, arranged tours, and been truly hlepful. Today, we attempted to have some laundry done... a challenge on the weekend and with the quarter finals of the Cup. The staff made it happen! We are looking forward to our tours and a few more days of R&D here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Luisiana? Share your experiences!