“Amazing Ski / Snowboard Guide!” 5 of 5 stars

+81 1457-6-2668
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: HOA - Hokkaido Outdoor Adventures - is based in the fertile hills of Hidaka, some two hours from Sapporo and just one and a half from New Chitose Airport. Rafting trips run every day of the season Rafting is of all levels - from easy whitewater for family groups, to exciting rapids for more experienced groups. Kayaking and canyoning are also possible.
New York City, New York
“Amazing Ski / Snowboard Guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pat did an amazing time taking me and my friends out skiing in the Furano region. He was safe, knowledgeable, honest, and fun to hang out with. Everything went very smoothly and overall it was simply an amazing experience. I recommend HOA for any ski / snowboard guided trip in Japan!

Visited March 2014
shortyOK, 広報担当マネージャー at HOA Hokkaido Outdoor Adventures, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hey LC,
Thanks for joining us on HOA's winter tour.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us.
Come and join us again and take part in other great adventures in Hokkaido.

Best regards,

“Backcountry ski guiding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Had Pat randomly referred to us by another ski guide who was too busy. What a stroke of luck! He really knows his stuff, mixing a laidback, relaxed style with great local/mountain knowledge and safety as a priority. He took us first to a 'secret stash' (ie a random hill with only us three on it which was the perfect pitch for what we were looking for), and then a few days later a lift serviced hill, showing us around. The guy loves the hills and deep powder and his enthusiasm is infectious. Highly recommended.

Hey Ian,
Thanks for joining us on HOA's winter tour.
We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed the tour.
Please come again if you are back in Hokkaido.

Best reagards,
New York, NY
“Excellent ski guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My friends and I had Pat of HOA as a guide for 3 days this month (March 2014). Pat was a great guide: knowledgeable, relaxed and fun. He drove us around, showed us the goods and was extremely open in terms of what conditions were going to be and what our best options were. I would highly recommend HOA/Pat as a guide for skiing in Central Hokkaido.

Visited March 2014
Thanks for taking part in our winter tour and the kind recommendation.
HOA strives to provide top quality outdoor tours for our clients.
We are pleased to know that you enjoy your time with us.
Please come and visit again if you are in Hokkaido.

Best regards,
6 attraction reviews
“A great experience all around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've been rafting in the US and Taiwan, but this was definitely my favorite rafting experience.. The staff were very proffessional and yet seemed to have as much fun as I did. Afterwards, we had a bbq outside of the HOA base and hung out with the staff.The ease of having English speaking guides and staff made it all that much more pleasurable when my Japanese failed me. I will surely be back again for more!

Visited June 2013
Thanks for joining HOA's river trip.
We have professional, friendly, and multi-lingual stuffs.
Our guides are fluent in both English and Japanese, so you can enjoy the outdoor activities without worrying the breakdown in communication.
Please come back and visit us again!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Fantastic company , world class whitewater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

HOA is such a great company, I came out from the usa to japan for a vacation and to improve my kayaking. My experience in Hokkaido and doing a kayak course with HOA was world class.
When you arrive at their main office you will be surprised it is an old school that has been remodeled into an adventure center it is so cool, and has a great atmosphere
All of the staff I met there were so nice. My kayak instructor was from Australia and all Japanese staff spoke good to great English so communicating was a breeze. The owners Pat and Naomi are also an integral part of the business and so nice. Pat is a fantastic host with a great sense of humor, he kayaked with us one day giving instructions and watching over the trip.
The whitewater there is really good. The two main rivers they operate on the saru a class 2-3 and the mukawa class 3-4 which are fantastic world class sections. we started on the saru and then did the mukawa for a few days.
All around amazing trip. Thank you Pat and Naomi for such a fantastic time!

Visited August 2012
Thanks for kayaking with HOA.
Our kayaking school provides lessons for kayakers with different levels.
All of our instructors are fluent in both Japanese and English.
Please come again to kayak with us down the tumbling white water in Hokkaido.