“Great hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowlines Lodge Hakuba

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hakuba-mura
Snowlines Lodge Hakuba
You added Snowlines Lodge Hakuba to your Saves list
3020-1064 Hokujyo, Kitaazumi-gun, Hakuba-mura 399-9301, Nagano Prefecture   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Australia
“Great hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in March 2013. We stayed in both the J compact and ensuite rooms. Both were clean and very comfortable. The shared bathrooms were clean and the onsen was very relaxing in the evening. The location is convenient with the bus stop right outside to get to Happo One and a 1 minute walk to the bus stop for Goryu/47. Both Stephen and Sarasa are extremely friendly and helpful and happy to answer all questions.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Me, my husband and two boys (aged 9 and 13) stayed at this lovely lodge last weekend (March 7-12) and we are all very pleased with the staying. It is a beautiful, charming and well run lodge. We can highly recommend the place!

The owners, Sarasa and Steven, are so sweat and helpful. They create a very nice and relaxed atmosphere and they make sure the staying is great for everyone.

The facilities are very nice and spacious and the Onsen at the lodge is a big plus. The bar has great wines and they have excellent cheese! The location of the lodge is also good, with nice restaurants around the corner, waking distance to Happo One (shuttle buses are running just outside the lodge as well).

We are from Sweden but live in Hong Kong. We travel a lot and have been to many places. We don’t have an unlimited budget, but I’m pretty picky in terms of the staying/hotels. I normally don’t prefer to have a room without a private bathroom/WC but it worked out perfectly well, with many and clean toilets, as well as the charming Onsen.

We can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed at Snowlines with my partner for a week in March 2013 and loved it. Steve and Sarasa bring the best of both of their cultures. The result is getting the very best in Japanese service alongside the very best in Aussie humour (and wine!). The lodge had a great atmosphere with everyone there to hit the slopes during the day and then relax in the evenings (which is greatly helped by the onsen on site!). The place fitted us perfectly as it provided a social atmosphere, but wound down early enough so that everyone could get a good nights sleep before the next day of skiing. Steve was also willing to bend over backwards to help us get setup and then find the best prices on everything around town from rentals to lift passes. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a place in Hakuba. I know we'll definitely be making the effort to get back there as soon as possible!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Four of us stayed at the Snowlines Lodge in Feb '13 for a week. Absolutely enjoyed our stay. Steve and Sarasa were both so accommodating and the atmosphere at the lodge was great. Also had a great lounge area for chilling/watching movies and even had a nintendo wii for those mandatory down days. Room that we had definitely exceeded our expectations as it was spacious, but still maintained that traditional Japanese zen feeling. Overall it was a fantastic lodge and i would recommend it to anyone looking for accommodation in hakuba. Look forward to visiting again in the future. A++++

Room Tip: onsens are the best!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with some friends in Feb 2013, for a week.

I loved it! The owners, Steve and his Japanese wife can't do enough for you.

Everyone staying here is there for the slopes, and they offer great advice every morning about where the boat spots to board or ski will be and for c£10 give you a lift up to Cortina which is the furthest resort away and often gets the best of the snow.

Breakfast is plentiful and sets you up for the day, the onsen is great to sooth aching muscles after a long day. The rooms are typically Japanese, basic, but comfortable (nice down duvets), clean and warm. Ours had a balcony and wash basin.

There's a nice bar where residents tend to hang out at night and swap stories / videos / injuries from the day.

When I go back to Hakuba I will stay at Snowlines every time. You're made to feel very welcome and part of the family!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Snowlines Lodge is a fantastic place to stay. I was recently there at the end of January 2013 and on leaving nearly cried!

I travelled to Hakuba from London on my own to meet up with friends from Sydney. Having booked a room at Snowlines and having never been to Japan, I contacted Steve and Sarasa the owners to get info on how to get to Hakuba from the airport. Information they gave me was great and they gave me options to cover various budgets. I took the bullet train up to Nagano and then caught the bus to the Happo Info Centre and on arrival the guys in the office there called Snowlines and 5 minutes they picked me up.

Once at the lodge I got a full tour from Sarasa, checked in, got information on ski rental and then relaxed in their lovely and lively bar for a few beers with my friends who had also arrived that day. This was the start to a fabulous holiday that was made so easy and enjoyable by Steve, Sarasa and their team. Whenever you had a question they were there happy to help be it with ski lessons (which Steve gave us a lift to so we weren't late), restaurant suggestions/reservations/directions, and even helped me with stamps and posting postcards for me.

The lodge itself is a great place. The beds are so comfortable and warm, the rooms are spacious and even the communal shower area and onsen are great if a little strange to begin with. The bar/lounge area is the place to be and everyone staying the lodge would hang out here discussing the days conditions on the slopes, it felt like being in a very big family. A big plus is that the lodge has its own bus stop so some of the ski slopes can be reached literally by standing on the doorstep (one of the buses leaves from the end of the road so always ask Steve and Sarasa if you aren't sure).

This holiday was one of the best I have ever been on and part of this would be down to the atmosphere and hospitality at Snowlines. I will definitely be coming back again and our group are already looking at dates for 2014.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for a week in Jan/Feb 2013. Steve and Sarasa are awesome hosts at the lodge and take care of everything. The lodge has a perfect set up with comfortable rooms, great bar/lounge area downstairs and is ideally located close to Echoland and getting to all the ski fields was a breeze. A stay here is very good value for money, I can highly recommend Snowlines and will definitely return in the future. Cheers!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Snowlines Lodge Hakuba? Share your experiences!