“Review as a Japanese English learner :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowlines Lodge Hakuba

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hakuba-mura
Snowlines Lodge Hakuba
You added Snowlines Lodge Hakuba to your Saves list
3020-1064 Hokujyo, Kitaazumi-gun, Hakuba-mura 399-9301, Nagano Prefecture   |
5.0 of 5 stars 65 Reviews
Gifu, Japan
“Review as a Japanese English learner :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I traveled alone and stayed at Snowlines Lodge the end of August, 2012. The reason why I decided to stay there is for English study. I'm studing English by myself now, so I wanted to have a chance to talk with Natives. I told my purpose to Sarasa-san before I stayed here, she suggested me a great idea! So I enjyoed dinner and conversation with Sarasa-san and Steve-san :) It was really great time for me! They were very friendly and kind :D The Lodge was large, clean and bed was so comfortable! I could sleep well and I slept over...omg! Foods were also great! Everything was perfect for me!!!!! I'd like to recommend particularly many English students to stay here if you want to be a good English speaker :) They'll surely help you! All I can say is, "Snowlines Lodge is awesome, fabulous!" I'm thankful to them for giving me a great time! I'll be back soon, guys :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Snowlines Lodge in January 2012. The lodge is in a fantastic location in Hakuba with very easy access to the ski resorts. There is also a bus stop outside the lodge that has regular free shuttles that take you to and from the further resorts such as Tsuigaike. The lodge is large and very homely and comfortable, with a fantastic lounge area and bar. The room that I stayed in was also very comfortable and spacious. The bar meals were fantastic, in particular the Japanese fried chicken was delicious and very affordable. Continental breakfast was also included in the room booking and the chef was cooking hot breakfasts upon request. Snowlines Lodge also has two indoor Japanese Onsen baths which was an absolute luxury after a busy day of snowboarding.

The staff were super friendly and Steve and Sarasa absolutely went out of their way to make my holiday enjoyable. They were always happy and smiling and always up for a chat. Steve even drove me to one of the local snowboard shops one night and helped me choose a new snowboard to buy.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Emerald
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I first visited Snowlines in October 2011 as part of a group that was attending a friends wedding. That was my first trip to Japan. From staying here and experiencing the local cuisine and way of life, I had booked my return visit the 2nd day on returning to Australia.

In Jan 2012 I caught up with some friends for my first ever snowboarding experience. Snowlines assisted in every way imaginable, from lift tickets (including lunches), transfers to and from Narita airport, where to eat.... What other reviewers have said thus far is spot on. The best way I could describe it as easy.. Considering you are in another country with potential cultural and language barriers, everything's just very easy.

Another thing worth mentioning is the cost of an overall ski trip here. If you're looking to ski / board for a week, it's no more expensive to come to Snowlines given the cheaper food, accom, lift tickets etc...

Booked for 2013 already.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

Loved staying here, everything was perfect. There are two major bus stops which service most resorts in the valley in a very close vicinity to the lodge. Various shops and restaurants were within walking distance and the scenery was nice too. The facilities are good in terms of gear storage, the rooms have all the necessities and the common room was extremely comfortable after a long day skiing. The staff were the best of any ski lodge I have ever stayed at, really great people who will go out of their way to make your stay that little bit more memorable. And possibly the greatest feature, the onsen... Rest and relaxation at it's finest!

• Stayed February 2012
Hamilton Island, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Fourth trip to Hakuba to experience the amazing mountains but this time I was blown away by Snowlines Lodge. Had a bit of everything good breakfast bus stop out the front door Which is worth it's weight in gold and an easy walk to the many restaurants nearby. Thing I liked the most was the hosts Steve and his Japanese wife Sarasa who went out of there way to make sure I enjoyed my stay with them, I spent just over three weeks in the lodge and made many new friends and had some amazing days skiing with other guests and the lodges staff who tipped me into where the best conditions are for the day.

I loved coming home every afternoon and pulling up a chair at the bar and talking with other guests about the great day I or we had then to find the in house chef, Steve's sister I think make the most amazing meals to eat in house. If you stay ask the bar man for his daily special treat.

Will I go back you bet and with more friends this time so they can see the best new lodge in my favorite holiday destination in the world.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I spent 10 days here and absolutely loved it! Clean, comfortable and extremely friendly. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. They're always up for a chat and eager to help you out on what to do and where to go if your a newbie to the mountain. The rooms are comfortable and clean and after a hard day on the slopes a nice hot onsen and a few kirin at the lounge/bar you are definately relaxed and ready to go for the next day of powder.

If your looking to holiday in hakuba, Snowlines in the place to go! You won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed at Snowlines for about 8 nights and they were all fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful and more than accomodating; and even though they have a fantastic in-house menu, they were more than happy to reccomend popular restraunts and bars in the local area. If you're skiing/boarding you wont find accomodation closer to such rad mountains - it really is in the middle of everything and is only 20 minutes from the famous Cortina!

All in all I will be returning on my next trip to Hakuba; very satisfied

Room Tip: Rooms near the Onsen could get noisy if people choose to bathe at night.