“Surf trip has been amaizng. Sad to be leaving the Marbella.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marbella Surf Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Marbella Surf Inn to your Saves list
Marbella Surf Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Meters West of the Ice Tower, Marbella 50603, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marbella
Santa Cruz, California
“Surf trip has been amaizng. Sad to be leaving the Marbella.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We are on a tight budget and we were shocked when we realized we could stay here on our budget. Place is just top shelf! The food they do up everyday is outrageous. Love the place, the people and the Inn was just icing on the cake.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I just married and decided to honeymoon in Costa Rica. We heard about Marbella Surf Inn through a friend who had stayed there. He told us that it would be an awesome adventure. My wife and I live in southern California where the waves are always good.. You could say I am a bit of a wave snob... My wife doesn't surf.

We booked 11 days at Marbella Surf Inn November 2013..
Upon arriving, we were greeted by a WONDERFUL staff who spoke English fluently.
The restaurant served AMAZING local dishes as well as U.S food like pizza/pasta/burgers - The food here was the best out of ALL the places we visited in Costa Rica.
The owner, Joe, was very helpful with pointing out the fun places to see and surf while we were there.

Nogui the bartender and Korina, the server were great people! We are now lifelong friends with them! We really felt like family while staying here. We needed laundry done - No Problem - They got someone do take and do our laundry THAT DAY!
Not only was this the nicest place in all of Marbella, but also was VERY fair priced..
The people of Marbella were some of the most down to earth [REAL] people we have ever met. You will not experience that "locals only" vibe here.. Everyone was always willing to help with directions and even helped me fix a flat tire!

My favorite part was the waves. As I said earlier, I am used to very good waves... Marbella offered me some of the best waves I have ever experienced.. and there was only 3-5 people on the peak! Basically, there is NO COMPETITION FOR WAVES HERE! I sat on a perfect left all morning and never had anyone in my way! My wife had a beautiful beach to lay out on every time I paddled out. The waves were ALWAYS 6+ ft with perfect barrels Every Day! I couldn't believe how perfect the conditions were no matter what the swell was doing.

One big piece of advise is to make sure you have your own car. There are a MILLION things to do in Guanacaste and you want to make sure to have your own wheels.
We landed in San Jose and drove to Marbella. The drive was EXTREMELY beautiful with no problems at all. Also, you want to have your own car so you can drive to all the other surf spots around Marbella.

We were soo impressed by Marbella Surf Inn, that we are now planning on purchasing some property in Marbella to build a vacation home on.

PURA VIDA!!!
-Matt

Room Tip: Joe, the owner, will put you in a PERFECT room! If it is a boy's surf trip - he has rooms to acc...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Came down with my son who has been surfing for over 30 years and stayed here for one week. Everything about Marbella Surf Inn was wonderful and we had a great time. Joe and his wonderful attentive staff will make sure that you enjoy your stay to the fullest. Rooms are clean and very adequate. Restaurant serves exceptional meals that are fresh and tasty. Great place to just relax and enjoy the tranquility of the area. All of this within walking distance of the beach that provides the best surfing waves in the area. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

What a great place to stay. Joe the owner is a pleasure & has a beautiful up to date hotel, great staff, excellent service located about 1km from the beach. If you just want to relax & enjoy the area there is so much to do. The best beaches & surfing, horseback riding, fishing & more. Forget everything & pay them a visit, sample some fantastic meals made by local chefs that make your mouth water. I'll be singing from the rooftops about this place & I'll be sure to stop again on my next trip. Big thanks to Joe & family at Marbellasurfinn.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was concerned that Costa Rica would be a little ruff for my young ones. I'm glad now I took the chance and went! These folks know how to take care of guests and bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable as you would expect from an all inclusive surf resort. My daughter won't stop talking about riding horses on the beach and my son is forever a surfer! My wife fell in love with the folks in the restaurant and we just couldn't get enough of the lobster! Bring your favorite fishing rod if you are a fisherman. I caught Rooster fish 2 out of 5 days! I expected them to be a good fight but had no idea the sushi would be out of this world!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I love this place and was so stoked to find a place where the kids and I could hang while my husband surfed his brains out. The rooms are clean the food is great and the people are so nice. This place has ever erything you need for the whole family. Thanks again for the trip of a life time. See you soon :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This past July I went with 25 people on a Mission Trip to Marbella/ San Juanillo Costa Rica. We arrived late, tired, and hungry looking to dine at The Surf Inn. Joe the owner was very friendly and kept the restaurant open late for our entire group. Our drinks promptly arrived as did carafes of water for the table. The staff was friendly attentive and all menu questions were answered. Getting food for a group of 25 people takes time and I was impressed with the ability of the kitchen staff to accommodate our group as quickly as they did. The food was delicious and all orders were correct. I can’t rate the rooms or hotel but have no doubt it is just as stellar as the restaurant! When I go back to the area next year I will definitely be stopping by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Marbella Surf Inn? Share your experiences!