“Really? You won't call us a taxi?” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Esteli
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Serves organic yogurs, breads, fruit drinks, coffee, cheeses, etc, all made in house. The property is on a garden/ tree farm/ plant farm.
North Manchester, Indiana
“Really? You won't call us a taxi?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food was OK, but, wow, terrible service! We went to this place on the way to the bus, laden with bags. No greeting. Couldn't get a table, because several mooning couples were taking up large tables. No big deal. We'll wait. Finally got a table but had to go up to the counter and order. Had a fairly decent (if plain) lunch. Lumpy, lukewarm banana "milkshake (the only flavour available). Wandered around the gardens, considered using the bathroom, but the stench was overwhelming. At this point, I was still tolerant. But when we were about to leave, my daughter asked them to call us a taxi into town. But the woman at the desk just brushed her off. Thank goodness for the driver of a pick-up truck who took us to the bus station!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sudbury, Canada
“Fresh basil! Cilantro! Eggplant! Garam masala?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I enjoyed my lunch of homemade whole wheat bread and gouda, a nice change from the usual Nica fare, but I was most excited about some of the produce I took to my (temporary) home in Esteli. Not only do they sell fresh herbs, but they also have two dried spice mixtures to add some much-needed variety to my cooking here - garam masala and an italian seasoning combination. They also have homemade yogurt and cheeses to take away. Yum!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“different but average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was very excited to get some real food from this place: real bread, real cheese, real yogurt, real hummus, etc. Theoretically, this place delivers but in practice, everything is just average. The "manchego" cheese was definitely worth it. The brie didn't taste like much nor did the mountain cheese. The bread was ok but very very dense. The hummus was ok but lacked tahini. The coffee was terrible, and I mean terrible. So, all in all, if you're in a serous need for natural foods, go for it but keep your expectations reasonable. Note: it's only open for lunch - closes at 7PM.

Location wise, note, this place is well hidden, it's right after the naturopathy place (same side of the road) if you're arriving from Esteli. It doesn't really have a sign but it's the quaint looking house. There is a play area for children, there are many types of plants and a small river with geese so the area is cute but the noises from the highway kind of ruin the serenity of it all.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

very friendly place with a great garden. Very good selections of in house made cheese and bread. We spent a pleasant afternoon here.

Visited May 2013
Kingston, Jamaica
“Excellence defined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I lived in Esteli for several months before someone took me down here to try this. Wow. You can get assorted combos but I had this dark loaf of bread with fresh honey on the side) which the bees came over to climb into... don't worry, they don't sting.) And I tried it with fresh tomatoes and swiss cheese-- strange mix I know-- but it was fantastic together . I topped that off with a Mango lassi. The location is gorgeous. I could imagine many Nicaraguans would not like the food here (those who came with us didn't), but the kind of foreign travelers or backpakers who would go to a place like Esteli will be in heaven.

Visited April 2013