“Go To Town for Fish And Chips” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Marple
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, English
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Go To Town for Fish And Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I write this review with the following qualifications. My family had a very successful fish and chip shop and restaurant in Blackpool and I worked in the business. I am a qualified fish inspector and I worked on the Fleetwood docks in their heyday. With this pedigree I have no hesitation in declaring the Town Street Friary a treasure among fish and chip shops. The fish is fresh, cooked fresh and whether your preference is for cod or haddock you will be delighted with your choice. The batter is crisp and light and the portion size is good value for money. The chips are produced from the raw potatoes, peeled and prepared on site and subsequently cooked to perfection. The potato fritters are a delight, a favourite of mine, and all other ancillary products match the fish and chips in quality and monetary value. The service is polite, friendly and efficient. This is another treasure within the Marple region and one of which both Marple and Marple Bridge can be proud. Don't take my word for it, find out for yourself. It will be a guaranteed favourite.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best Chips in Stockport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The best chips in Stockport, I am not bias I do not live in Marple Bridge I just know a good chippy when I see one!

• Visited May 2012