“Excellently rustic tapas! The olives are like the size of tomatoes!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Libby's

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Disley, United Kingdom
“Excellently rustic tapas! The olives are like the size of tomatoes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have now been to Libby's a few times over the past year, and would highly recommend to anyone! It can be a little expensive, but its tapas... you cant expect any less for such high quality ingredients (the olives are like the size of tomatoes!) to which I certain am willing to pay that little extra. There is a relaxed and rustic feel to the restaurant, and the staff are pleasant.

The only qualm I do have relates to the wine glasses, they are rather old fashioned, and small.

I like to see open kitchens in restaurants, and think that the chefs do an incredible job in such a confined space.

I highly recommend the beef carpaccio :)

Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
“Great Mediterranean food at fab prices, tapas / Meze type experience - If you like good food, a great atmosphere and excellent s”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this place by friends who enjoy great food so knew we would not be disappointed. Well it was more than we could have hoped for which was a good job as it was our wedding anniversary and with three kids under 10 we do not get out as much as we would like.
The place was buzzing, the staff were amazing and the food was exceptional. I hope we do not seem to piggish (remember this is small plates / tapas style) we had a crab linguine, steak and asparagus, pork belly and black pudding, cod in parma ham, sticky ribs and calamari - all cooked to perfection, you certainly gained an appetite whilst waiting as the smells coming from the open kitchen were to die for!
Anyway drinks were also wonderful with an great selection, my Wife even had a liquor that tasted of parmaviolets, I stuck with beer but the wine list was extensive. All I can say is thanks Libby's for going above and beyond our expectations and for making the evening one to remember. If you like good food, a great atmosphere and excellent service you have to visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just back from a brilliant breakfast at Libby's. Haddock rarebit with poached egg was sublime and my husband had the full English pan fry, equally delicious. There was a real buzz, the place was full and there was a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of newspapers to while away the time. We just managed to pass by the wonderful selection of pastries-the fig and blueberry tarts looked amazing-without indulging. Great supply of bread available to buy. Will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“"They dare to be different in this cloned restaurant world"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I come all the time for lunch and dinner and came here for my 40th. The only downside is that we are regulars and a desert or drink complimentary for a celebration like that would be a nicety. I had to write a review as I couldn't understand the two other surveys. The table that the couple complained about was fine when we sat there! It's the food that you go for and if that is good then you can stick me in the kitchen. We brought our friends and they loved it. We had a table full of tapas and our favourite is the goats cheese and sticky beet root salad, the Bloody Mary mussels... The pepperoni pizza, pork belly. The coffees are great, the cocktails are great and the wine is decent too. Some more New Zealand red Pinot noir and Sauvignon Blanc would be a great addition to the wine list. The coffees are great and if your going during the day the sandwiches, cakes are amazing. You could offer pizzas too as they are great! Lunch time is fun although reminds you off the desperate housewives of" Marple Bridge" . I have never found myself rushed in Libby's not once.. It's unpretentious and reminds me of a cool place in the backstreets of London or LA. If you haven't tried then please do as it is something which dares to be different. Ignore All the negative reviewers who simply don't get this place. A local hard working family who employ British staff which makes a change.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“What a mess”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went in here before we went next door into (what we were informed was) Libby's sister restaurant South Seven. We tried to get a drink at the bar but got pushed out of the way by ladies waiting to take up the seats to have their meal there. We got stuck on the edge like idiots trying to have a drink being moved all the time by staff just trying to do their job. Place was packed and the food looked fabulous (unlike the meal we were subjected to next door) so will try and go back, but for a meal ( and hope we do not get sat at the bar!)