We had no high expectations of our first family ski trip but Arc 1950 was a brilliant choice. We drove down from UK thru the Tunuel and it took about 9 hours from Calais to the door , only stopping for diesel. Perfect French roads as ever. Parking the car underneath the Village was a great start as you then get a lift straight up to your apartment. We took a larger one with two bedrooms/bathrooms plus a double bed in lounge. Everything was clean and fresh and a good size. Definately worth the extra money. good but small kitchenette with all the utensils you would need plus a dishwasher. Excellent. the only fault we could find was no DVD palyer for telly and no way of adding ours to to it. Only one or two english TV channels, so take your own laptop for films.
1950 itself is purpose built but it makes no differnce in the snow - all looks very pretty. The bars and restaurants are pretty derivative and pretty expenive but that just did not matter. Take all your own food and booze and this can be a pretty reasonable ski holiday compared to some.
Skiing for us was great. Two of us can ski well but two were absolute beginners. Great ski schools and plenty of BLue runs made wife and daughter pretty competent by the end of our perfect week!
Will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A pedestrian resort built in a traditional style, in the heart of an exceptional environmentLuxury residences with a direct access to the slopes"Top of the range", spacious and comfortable apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Pierre & Vacances, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Arc 1950 Le Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Le Village Hotel Bourg Saint Maurice
- Pierre And Vacances Premium Residence Le Village