“Ticks all the boxes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of seventy3chalets

You added seventy3chalets to your Saves list
seventy3chalets
Chalet les Melezes sud | Peisey Vallandry, Les Arcs, Bourg Saint Maurice, France   |
Petersfield, England
“Ticks all the boxes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed with Dave and Caz at the end of Jan 2013 and I was totally amazed with how good this whole setup is. Would definitely go again. Most of the people there at the same time as us were return customers. This ski trip was with a couple friends, but I also ski with whole family, big groups and sometimes go with just me and my boys. This chalet would suit all of those style holidays.

Location for skiing: walk to the first lift for a good warm-up, or just take Dave's offer of a lift to the lobster pots - which is just one of the extra services that makes this a great place to stay (a must if you've got little ones!) You are then right at the Vanoise Express. It is just as easy to ski Les Arcs or la Plagne, and the express crossing is so quick you can switch between the two resorts easily. Check the weather / conditions and decide whether to go one way or the other. Therefore, worth considering the full discovery lift pass, although Les Arcs on its own is a great place to board or ski, with plenty of runs above, between and through the trees!

Accommodation and food: OK, difficult to add to what has already been said before. Accommodation is immaculate, spacious, comfortable, with warm equipment room to dry everything out overnight...etc. The food is like eating in a restaurant. I bet you haven't had better on the slopes anywhere, at any price!

Equipment Hire: Dave and Caz recommended rental republic ski hire service which I used for a couple days during the week to try out some new skis. Caz just handed me the phone having dialed for me (it was 7pm) and skis turned up before breakfast the next morning ready for first lifts. They came and collected them just as easily from the chalet at the end hire period. The equipment was top notch. Definitely check that service out!

Picturesque setting: Doesn't always feature high on my list of requirements but set in the old part of Peisey village, so very quiet and surrounded by nice buildings - no concrete apartment blocks here! If you're looking for big apres ski sessions you probably want to go somewhere else (please!)

Anything else: Dave and Caz will do anything to help. Just ask them. Great, friendly, informed advice for everything. Thanks guys.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Well what can I say, I stayed with caz and Dave at the end of Jan 2013 as I have done 7 or 8 times in the past. This is my first review so here goes....
great food, great accomodation, great atmosphere, fantastic snow boarding, nothing too much trouble!! i dont have a negative comment.
Hope to go back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed with Dave and Caz for a week at the end of January 2013.
My daughter and I were made to feel very welcome Caz made an early meal for my daughter each night. Just shows just how willing they are to make sure you have a great time. The food was fantastic ( Caz really needs to release a cook book as we all are missing the meals!!!) and the atmosphere was relaxed.
The accommodation is spotlessly clean, warm and cozy.
This place is fabulous, we will be re booking soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

"So whats all the hype about chalet Seventy3, owned and hosted by Dave and Caz?"
Well...Let me start by saying, I don't often write positive reviews.... Why? ...Because I'm rarely impressed enough to bother.
In fact before I went, I read the consistently "excellent" reviews on chalet seventy3 and thought no way can it really be that good. Well after returning from a week with Dave and Caz I can now say and confirm that it was even better!
So what makes chalet seventy3 so different? Its the Dave and Caz dream team, remember, as they own, run and PERSONALLY host you themselves, it means you are truly looked after and cared for by THEM and not some hired chalet hand who's motivation is for partying on their day off and doing the minimum so they can get out skiing themselves, while the owner is some faceless person just interested in their profit margins.
So what I experienced was a truly caring, personal, friendly, supportive, top class service, where nothing is too much trouble, even on the first day when I got stuck driving up the mountain due to fresh snow and Dave had to rescue us .... yes I was illprepaired and had no snow chains, lesson learnt :)
PLUS....If this is not enough you also have to appreciate that Caz just happens to be a top class chief. When I say top class I really mean it, using only the finest, freshest ingredients e.g., no cheap cuts of meat drenched in premade sauces from a jar (in fact we went to a great restaurant that on their night off but even the restaurant was not as good as Caz's).
So book with confidence and book fast..... As I know I will be again.
Finally, a HUGE THANKYOU again to Dave and Caz... Your the best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been four times to stay with Dave and Caz in Peisey-Vallandry - with 12 friends, with my extended family (including littluns), then just with my partner and, finally, again with 12 friends. Every time has been superb! Food consistently magnificent, welcome consistently warm and accommodation consistently comfy. On each of our stays so far, both Dave and Caz have offered great advice on skiing/boarding locations, and we've never tired of exploring the Les Arcs/La Plagne valleys. For evening entertainment, Peisey has a few restaurants and bars (hazy memories of playing pool while drinking beer giraffes and dancing to europop), but none of that matters a bit because the atmosphere in the chalet is just fantastic - Wii available, roaring fire, happy chat, a truly convivial place to rest ski legs. That is why it's worked so well for all the different groupings mentioned above - family, friends, strangers. Look forward to coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been skiing every year since I was 12 (I am now 26) and have stayed at numerous chalets and hotels in that time. However, since staying with Caz and Dave, our party of 15 family/friends have never needed to look anywhere else and we have been coming back for 6 years now. The food is phenomenal, there are always fresh baked cakes and biscuits waiting after a long day on the slopes, followed by a 3 course meal in the evenings and a cooked breakfast every morning. One year, it was a friend's birthday and Caz/Dave went over and beyond to make it special by making a birthday cake and extra special meal with champagne. The resort itself has everything you need with access to Les Arcs' 4 resorts - 1600, 1800, 1950 and 2000 as well as a snowboard park and La Plagne resort. To top it all off, the chalet itself is finished to an impeccable standard with a beautiful view out over the valley looking over to La Plagne, there is fire lit every evening and the rooms are spacious with en suites in each. I would highly recommend this chalet to anyone, you will not regret it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you love good food then this is the chalet for you! The food you will eat every evening here is better than any restaurant and the chalet itself is warm and cosy; run by friendly and accommodating people. Everyone who stays here comes back year after year because you really can't find anything better! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to seventy3chalets? Share your experiences!