“Two of the top ten best meals I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Lands of Loyal Hotel
Loyal Road, Alyth PH11 8JQ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alyth
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Two of the top ten best meals I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went to the restaurant at this amazing hotel while staying at a local B&B who recommended it to us. Glad they did. My wife and I had a couple of really superb meals here which made our holiday extra special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

have just returned from a weekend at lands of loyalty and the experience was unforgettable. The lounge is unique in design complete with blazing log fire and comfy settees. The staff were without exception extremely attentive and ,although very busy, were always very attentive. The highlight of the weekend was the high quality of the food and its presentation. I will certainly return to recharge my batteries

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
East Anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I struggle to find words to describe our evening here....excellent food, service, marvellous ambience. It is such a special place, with an astounding entrance hall with wood panelling, massive fireplace, beautiful views from the dining room windows and fragrant lilies, candles, sparkly glasses........and at an astonishingly 'normal' cost. I fancied a return visit at Christmas and asked for B and B prices, expecting the usual hiked festive rip off. Not a bit of it. This is clearly a different kind of establishment. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is so very wonderful that I worry about writing here. I would hate for it to be overwhelmed! I stay in a lot of hotels as I travel for a living. Having just done a month's tour for work (staying at the usual Hiltons, Marriotts, Thistles) I was longing for something unique and charming. I can't remember the last time I stayed somewhere that had the impact this little place has. The staff are incredibly attentive without being smothering. The place just oozes Scottish charm and I can't recommend it enough. Got back yesterday and have already booked a return stay in a few months. Can't wait!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at lands of loyal back in July 2012. I had booked the hotel as it was in the Ogilvie clan area, so it was lovely that when we arrived we found out the house was built for an Ogilvie. The proprietor was absolutely lovely, telling us about the history of the hose and lands. The rooms were lovely and the food was beautiful. Wish we had of stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed just one night for my nephew's wedding but felt as though we were staying with a large and friendly family such was our welcome.

I actually find this review difficult to write as we loved our stay so much!! If I had to quibble, I would suggest larger duvets on the (very comfortable) beds but the quality of the sheets was second to none.

Thank you to all concerned!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It has been a long time since I walked into a hotel and was genuinely taken aback at the quality of the venue. The lobby/lounge area of this hotel is stunning and truly unique . Rooms were huge and similarly appointed. On top of this the food was exceptional - excellent variety on the dinner menu, great soups at lunch, the breakfast selection is very good with fruit, full scottish breakfast, kippers, etc all available and cooked to very high quality. Service also exceptional and very friendly/personal.
We were staying for business and had hired the meeting room for 2 days. As a small meeting venue e.g. up to 10 people it was an excellent choice and I would say also quite reasonably priced. Wifi available throughout though some patchy coverage in bedrooms. I would certainly come back either for another small meeting/business or for pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lands of Loyal Hotel? Share your experiences!