“A Rural Idyll In The Beautiful Heart Of England” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brook Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenbury Wells
Brook Farm
Hayes Lane | Berrington, Tenbury Wells WR15 8TJ, England   |
South Wales
“A Rural Idyll In The Beautiful Heart Of England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Brook Farm is an absolutely first class country retreat, straight out of the pages of 'Country Living' magazine. We stayed in the 'Hen House' for a well needed 3 night break in March 2012, after finding Brook Farm on TripAdvisor. We were very impressed by the many positive reviews so decided to see if it lived up to its reputation...it certainly did....with bells on!! The accommodation was well decorated, warm, clean and very comfortable for a couple on a quest for a quiet few days in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK. The owners obviously care about their business and their guests, and this is apparent at every turn. Great care is put into the decor..very 'chic & unique', and the thoughtful little touches such as the lovely homemade cake left for us with a little note of welcome, a very ample breakfast box containing locally sourced ingredients for a cooked breakfast, bottles of local cider to quench ones thirst on arrival, and everything gels into a very rare and wonderful experience.
Well done Sarah Wint....so sorry we couldn't meet you on this occasion, but we will be back as soon as work and life allows. Will was very helpful by the way, and the dogs,cats,chickens and donkeys all did their bit with promoting the Brook Farm experience!

Room Tip: We stayed at the self-contained 'Hen House', but we would imagine that anywhere on Brook Far...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you very much for that - really very flattering and only ever so slightly disconcerting that my presence is actually not required for people to have a nice stay here! I very much look forward to meeting you next time. Sarah x

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I took my girlfriend to the Hen House at Brook Farm for a weekend back in December (the lapse in time between my stay and my review is nothing more than my bad organisation!) and can easily say that it was one of the best weekends away I have had.

The occasion was to propose to my girlfriend and after trawling the internet, I stumbled across Brook Farm and so gave Sarah a call to check it out. I explained my circumstance and she talked me through firstly what she could offer and then what the local area would have available at the time of our visit, from the off she couldn’t do enough and she offered plenty of ideas on how to make the weekend a special and memorable one for us both.

Once I had read the reviews already on TripAdvisor, my mind was made up and I booked out the self-contained building ‘The Hen House’ and then at the same time I booked a meal at la Bécasse on Sarah’s recommendation to round off the first night of a 3 night stay.

Sarah clearly put a lot of thought and effort into everything for us; knowing my plan to propose, she had arranged for the lounge in the main house to be free on the Friday so we could spend the late afternoon by the log fire with a fresh brew of tea and some warm mince pies, providing the perfect setting for me to pop the question.

With the nerves subsiding slightly and a Fiance in tow, Sarah took us over to the Hen House to take us through the basics, after which we agreed on a time for breakfast and she left us to it. The house was perfect; well decorated, cosy, quaint, thought through, well sized and I could go on and on. Serious thought had been put into the whole building and had clearly evolved over time to end up with what is a great business in a great location which is far enough away to feel remote but a short drive away from most points of interest.

Sarah was always around and on hand to help with planning, make recommendations or simply for a quick chat, which helped shape our weekend and make us feel at home.

All-in-all, I would recommend a visit here to anyone as it is without doubt the best value for money UK trip I have had.

Did I mention the breakfasts? No?? it's worth the stay just for that! My favourite must have been the smoked fish scrambled egg, I really didn’t want to leave the table but my fiancé eventually dragged me away…

Room Tip: The Hen House
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Ah it was nice to be in on the surprise and a pleasure to help get things right! It'll be lovely to welcome you back as Mr & Mrs :-) Sarah x
North Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We had a lovely three nights at Brook Farm and Sarah looked after us like Dresden china. The farm is gorgeous with flagstone floors, old beams and the best woodburner in the world to warm your cockles by.
Sarah is a master of vintage style and the whole place is a delight to see - it really takes you back in time. We found ourselves saying, "Oo, do you remember these? Oh my gran had one of those," as we made our way down to breakfast.
Sarah is the best B and B host we've met yet. The food was fab - breakfasts were really delicious with plenty of choice, including 'Baked Breakfast Cheesecake', and Sarah is very flexible on times, so you can choose when you want to eat, so long as its' by noon!
We loved it so much we could not muster the motivation to eat out for two of the nights and so we feasted on homemade soup and yummy butcher's burgers in hunks of posh brown bread with salad and pickle.
If you visit in spring or summer, Sarah and Willie's gardens are beautiful. There is a brook running by the house with ducks and in the barn there are two donkeys, Alfie and Queenie. In the flower beds you'll suddenly find a little chicken pecking away or a cat warming itself in a patch of sunshine.
Brook Farm is within an easy drive of Leominster, Ludlow and Tenbury Wells. Shrewsbury is a little further but well worth a visit. There is beautiful countryside to walk in locally.
We recommend The Peacock Inn in Tenbury Wells for food. It was the best meal we've had in years and very well priced.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue room - it was lovely complete with old beams, uneven floor and a quirky bathro...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
So glad you found your stay comfortable enough to call Home from Home - I think it's something about the building itself that makes people relax here - and relaxed people are very easy to look after! It was a pleasure to have you stay and would love to see you again. Sarah x
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at Brook Farm for 1 night and wished we were there for longer! Sarah was so helpful and friendly, and as others have said, there is such attention to detail. The cottage is simply stunning, from the gorgeous cosy living room with roaring fire where we had tea and lemon cake on arrival, to the fresh flowers on the breakfast table. Sarah is a very talented lady! We loved the animals, the gardens, the delicious breakfast and a lovely walk around the surrounding land in the Autumn sunshine. The bed in our room (the Green Room) was amazingly comfortable too. We left feeling utterly relaxed and pampered. Of all the B&Bs I have visited, this has easily got to be my favourite, and my boyfriend and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Well for a one night stay you certainly managed to notice a lot! Thank you so much and of course it would be fabulous to have you return. Sarah x
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This was our second visit to Brook Farm, having stayed at The Hen House a couple of years ago (Sarah and Will's self catering cottage located within the gardens). Our first visit was wonderful but bed and breakfast at Brook Farm surpassed all our expectations. It is like going to a 5 star hotel, with all the luxuries but without the formality. The attention to detail is incredible. We attended a family wedding and warned Sarah and Will that we might be late but when we got back, the wood burning stove and tea lights in our sitting room were lit, and we were welcomed with tea, coffee, damson vodka and brandy, so were able to unwind and enjoy the comforts of home. Breakfast was amazing; in fact everything was amazing from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We also loved reading Sarah's blogs which were so enjoyable and insightful. Brook Farm really is an exceptional place to stay and we will definitely be back for a third visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Oh you lovely people thank you! Your enthusiasm makes all the hard work worthwhile and thank you so much for your lovely comments about my blog and your encouragement to keep writing which sent me off on my own holiday full of great plans!! Sarah x
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

Sarah and Will welcome you into their beautiful home in the countryside with grace. The attention to detail is faultless from little postcards already postage stamped for your use, to Nurafen and hair bands in the bathroom drawer. Sarah's cooking is also delicious and imaginative.
As the temperature had started to drop we really welcomed the log burner in the sitting room on our arrival and on our return from dinner that evening. Fantastic would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you very much for that. It's nice when people notice the 'little touches' not least because it proves to my husband that my 'fiddling about' is all worth it! Sarah x
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011 via mobile

Truly amazing! I don't know how Sarah manages it all and with such good grace as well as no hint of tiredness. This place is clearly a labor of love, it shows in every fine detail. The house is beautifully decorated, cosy and very peaceful. The garden was exquisite, unusual and could easily be compared to some of the best national trust gardens I have visited. Sarah has not only fine cooking skills but is a wonderful artist when it comes to presenting meals and the layout of other food and drink available in brook farm. I think what makes a difference at Brook Farm is the intention to care for each guest individually and I think this is more in Sarah's heart than any other motivation. Beautiful touches such daily fresh flowers in the room and on the breakfast table as well ad herbs from the garden on the breakfast plate indicated a love of making people feel cosy and welcome. I really appreciate such good taste, good manners, attention to detail and compassion displayed by both Sarah and William.

I have not mentioned William, who welcomed us with a glass of wine even though we were distastefully late! He also was keen to make sure our stay was pleasant, he had a wonderful dry sense of humour and always seemed to offer solutions to any problems (none related to Brook Farm). He to seemed like a person who had a genuine interest in making people happy.

Then there are the animals! Meeting two jolly dogs every morning and evening was bliss, meeting the cats and having cat cuddles by the fire a joy. Words cannot describe how much I loved watching these animals, including the chickens, donkeys and sheep just potter about their business truly comfortable and being loved and cared for. Being able to feed the donkeys and the unusual funny sheep was one of the highlights of my trip.

Our room was very comfortable, very clean (I have exceptionally high standards) and the colours chosen really complemented the space and structure. I find it overwhelmingly difficult to relax, I have stayed in many upper end boutique hotels, B&Bs and cottages but none so effectively decorated and furnished as this one for relaxation.

My partner joe and I will certainly return and already feel that Brook Farm is where we would like to be for our honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2011
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Thank you thank you thank you!! What an amazing review! I loved having you two here for the week and am hugely flattered that you would like to come for your honeymoon. And such praise for the garden too! That and the love you showed the animals have definitely got you a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for you! Sarah xx

Been to Brook Farm? Share your experiences!