My family stayed 3 nights at the Lodge and we we're happy to leave after 3 nights. Generally we liked the lodge but there were many things to improve. The rooms are nice with a great view (don't take the self catering appartement!) but the service needs much more improvement. The food wasn't on a 4-star-level either.
about the food:
- if you get up early for safari they prepare a breakfast-package, but belive me, its not worth eating it, cheesy sandwhiches you could even buy better ones at the full station, no milk, no fruits. its pitty
- the main course is good but the portion aren't big, the dessert and the starter is not self-made
- i wished the waitress to get more salad and more vegetables, they promised to bring me, but they didn't
- white wine is served warm, red wine also too warm
--> just don't expect too much about the food, there is no real cook in the kitchen and the serving staff doesn't have the knowledge about "how to serve".
about the lodge:
- its far away from the kruger park (you need 30 minutes to crocodile gate, even 50 minutes to the other one)
- internet connection is poor, they quit internet after 9pm
- the staff makes a very unhappy impression, nobody seems to be happy
- the pool should be cleaned every day, insects are lying dead in the pool
- you won't get any snacks in the afternoon, there is no kitchen available
- there is also no bar which serves drinks/wine (we were waiting 30min to get our ordered white wine)
- wines just per bottle, a glas of wine is not available
- there was a scorpion in the shower of the kids-room
honestly, we enjoyed our stay, but we wouldn't come back - there are nicer lodges in this area. actually we would prefer to stay inside the park and not in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crocodile Kruger Safari Lodge is situated on the banks of the Crocodile river overlooking the world famous Kruger National park.The lodge is situated in a nature reserve with free roaming wild animals on your doorstep.The six luxury en-suite rooms are all airconditioned and is fitted with a mini bar , safe , coffee making facilities and private terrace/balcony. The self catering options sleeps either 2 or 6 persons and is equiped with a kitchen as well as braai facilities.Meals are served on the pool deck or in the traditional African Boma and is included in the Luxury romm rates. Self drive or guided game drives in Kruger Park is available from the lodge. Game walks and mountainbike routes in the nature reserve is also available.Free Wi-Fi is available in common areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crocodile Kruger Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.