“Need a wine waiter” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Need a wine waiter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was positioned in the far back corner - all the staff forgot us, or it was a long way to walk to us.

Kept having to get up to request simple thing like water!!!
Ordered white wine, this came in a silver bucket full to the rim of water!!!

Staff couldn't even be bothered to unscrew the cap let alone pour it.

Everytime I tried to pour the wine water cascaded onto the table - asked for assistance and was given a pretty grubby towel which I declined and used knapkins

Food OK - no tip left

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Chester, United Kingdom
“Lovely, lovely and lovely!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The title refers to 1, the food 2, the service and 3, the overall experience
Had a really great time at the Noel. We ate from a set menu which was a really great price at £14.95 for 2 delicious home cooked courses. Firstly we were given a free mini soup with local bread and lovely oils. I had a really delicious chicken liver parfait with some deliciously sweet red onions and my hubby had creamy garlic mushroom starter that was served on the local granary bread....I just had to pinch a taste!!!
We then both went for the " pie" which was presented in a really quirky way!! The smoky bacon in the sauce gave the pie a wonderful taste, and the chips with it were crispy and perfectly seasoned.
We had no room for puddings, so had coffee in the snug area on the "hug me" chairs down there!!
The staff were very attentive but not too much in your face.
Really wish the Noel was on my door step as we would be in there all the time!! Lucky people in whitwell I say!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chesterfield
“Good Hotel and Reasturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were going on a fishing trip on Rutland water and wanted a Hotel to stop over. This place filled both bills the food was excellent and very well presented Breakfast and Dinner were perfect. The Staff were very good and the whole ambience contributed to as very pleasant trip.I would recommend this Hotel and Reasturant for any occasion . Would go again any time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a superb lunch at this pub/restuarant today, we were offered a set lunch menu with a good choice or a dish from a full lunch menu, we have eaten here twice in the evening as a couple and really liked it,but today took my elderly mother & step father who are hard to please. I can be happy in saying 'IT PASSED THE TEST" excellent service, wonderful food,lovely staff ,well worth a visit :-)

Visited June 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“really fab!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

thanks to all the staff here at this "pub" / Restaurant for making our evening last Saturday a really great experience!!
We were visiting the area for the weekend and decided to dine out of our hotel for one of the nights and really glad our hotel recommended this place.
The food was sooo good, and the staff were great. we were looked after the moment we stepped in the front door.
We had a relaxed g&t in the comfy snug area whilst our order was taken. we were then shown through to the candle-lit restaurant, were the atmosphere was one of laughter and smiley happy people. we had taster soups and bread whilst we ordered a bottle of really great wine!!
we then had fab starters and excellent steaks, and although we were bursting, we just had to share what can only be described as the best sticky toffee pudding I have ever had....WOW
the bill was really reasonable, and was much cheaper that the hotel we were staying in...
I cant stress how good the place is....it was busy so other people must also agree with us
well done to all the staff and who ever the chef is, very well done to him and his kitchen team!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere