As we checked in there were several weddings scheduled and golf. The hotel was very busy and became crowded as a storm broke out. The restaurant was booked out, the two bars full of holders and wedding guests, so we were offered room service from the Tempo bar menu. The staff were clearly stressed and the poor old building was creaking (indeed flooding in one corridor).
However when the sun emerged, the place cleared, the restaurant and bars emptied and all became well.
The room was large and quiet, food good and staff restored to normal. Beware of expensive wine prices though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breadsall Priory, A Marriott Hotel and Country Club, is a magnificent Grade II listed , 13th century stately residence set in breathtaking scendery on the edge of the Peak District near Derby. History meets modern comfort at this spectacular location. You will be impressed from the moment you arrive. Close to East Midlands Airport, Alton Towers, The Peak District National Park and major motorway and rail links means you enjoy historic splendour while staying close to what's really important! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breadsall Priory, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Derby
- Derby Marriott
- Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club Morley, Derbyshire