“Lovely quite hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weston
Shipley, West Yorkshire
“Lovely quite hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here on a deal rate - excellent value although glad didn't pay full price. Rooms was standard - looked directly into grass so nice view. Location was ideal for us as its near to family. Not far from Chester nice run out. It down side is you need a car to get anywhere - isolated.

• Stayed November 2012
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear TJCrazycards
Thank you for your recent posting.
I am pleased you found the Venue ideally located for family and Chester, equally so the motorway networks and many small villages. Good to see your room had good views as do most. We are set amongst a golf course and remote enough to be less than 5 minutes from Crewe. I hope to welcome you back when visiting family again soon. Nathan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Heacham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We loved our stay here - we were sceptical as it was in the middle of nowhere but that did make it wonderfully quiet. Well back from the road, nice views of golf course. Security gates (manned by friendly humans!) made it feel safe and exclusive.

Lovely staff, fantastic room, huge bed, everything we needed (though one bath towel and one hand towel is a little mean, even if we are on a bargain rate!)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear happyseasidegirl,
I am pleased that you found the Venue wonderfully quiet, set amongst a golf course and as you quite rightly point out manned security gates.
I am pleased you found the bedroom and staff fantastic and am sorry the second bath towel was not found in the wardrobe. I hope to welcome you back again in near future. Nathan.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Fantastic staff : Good breakfast : Reasonable rates :
Downside : Hotel is ten years old and needs a tidy : TV in room is out of the ark : Bed is big but too hard for me : valance surround is faded and dated : Room very clean though : Would only stay here again if playing golf

Room Tip: No A/C so make sure the windows open properly
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Neil526479
As previously mentioned in other responses I am hopeful I will have some of the bedrooms and televisions reviewed later this year however until then we will be internally reviewing all of the bedrooms. I am pleased you found the breakfast and cleanliness good. I hope to see you again soon where you can talke advantage of the golf course. Nathan (GM)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with a friend in March. At first I was sceptical as the reviews weren't great. The booking process was a bit of a hassle as the answering machine was clearly not checked regularly and messages were not returned. Eventually I spoke with a lovely receptionist who managed to sort my booking out. On arrival I couldn't have been more shocked, I was expecting a basic room, but the bed was the biggest I've ever seen. The staff were extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble. On the first night we ate in the bar and the food was of a good standard. The next day we used the spa facilities, the salon staff were lovely, very helpful and the massage I had was fantastic. One negative was that the Jacuzzi wasn't working, with there not being a swimming pool it meant our spa experience was, a sauna and steam room. However it was still enjoyable as we were the only ones in there. We ate in the restaurant and the food was fantastic, the presentation was great. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Goosey G
Thank you for your posting following your stay in March.
I am sorry the booking process was not simpler for you.
I am pleased the reception team were friendly and helpful and you thought the room was great.
I was also pleased to hear the bar food and service was great on your first night and the Steam Bake and Grill on your second night was equally so.
I will pass on your comments to the Owners of the Spa so they pass on to their team. The Venue now only has the Spa treatment rooms and no leisure. I look forward to your next visit and thank you for your balanced review to others you have read. Nathan
WORCESTER UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights - has some very cheap offers on rooms- clean room quiet - tea making facilities - plenty of parking - pity there is no offer on a round of golf on the nearby course (i didn`t see any) - no frills sort of stay but ok

Room Tip: upper floors best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear BEYEDB
Thank you for your recent posting. I am pleased you chose to stay at Wychwood Park on one of our promotional offers and found the rooms clean and quiet. We are ideally located with plenty of free parking.
The golf course is extremely busy at this time of year so we find there is little need for golf promotional offers in the summer. I hope to see you back again in the near future. Nathan.
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here several times over the past three years. This year we've stayed four times in May and June and each one was been excellent. We usually ask for the same room so won't say which one because it's so comfortable. In May we noticed room 134 had been refurbished so decided to use it on our last trip in June. The decor is purple including bizarrely the toilet seat. There is a flat screen TV however we found the reception was no better than is older sets in other rooms. There is however free wi fi access in both bedrooms and public areas. Apart from this the room has a balcony which overlooks the golf course, lovely views towards the golf club and is quiet which ensured a comfortable night's sleep. Ate in the restaurant each time - the evening menu is fantastic and food wonderfully cooked. The breakfast is buffet style i.e. usual full english, fresh fruit, juice, porridge, freshly cooked omelets, continental meats, cheese etc - it is possible to have it served in your room which we opted for on our last day. Many thanks to all the staff in the bar, restaurant , reception and security who all provided fantastic customer service. Special mention to the restaurant manager his organisational skills are exceptional - each time we've used the restaurant we have noticed he has always ensures that large parties are separated from smaller groups in order to reduce the noise and each group whether large or small receives excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear trisha11edin
Thank you for your recent posting. First and foremost, may I thank you for being a loyal customer over the last years and also for the high number of stays in the last month. You are perfectly positioned to be able to give your reviews.
I am updating some bedrooms as we go through the year as we don't expect a bedroom refurbishment until later this year.
Thank you for all your positive comments, I will ensure that Joseph receives the comments you have left. Even though we do have golfing groups as well as other individual guests we do set out to manage all guests so no individual guest is over powered by groups.
All of the team will be motivated by the comments you have left.
I look forward to your many more stays and reviews. Nathan.
Belper, Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is a de Vere venue and a Conference Hotel with an adjoining Golf Course. It is quite isolated with the nearest pub about 1.5 miles away in Weston. But the grounds are lovely. We had a double room on the first floor that was well up to standard with a huge comfortable bed. Other reviews have mentioned the dirty grout in the bathrooms. Yes there was some but the rooms are being gradually upgraded so expect this will be resolved. Feedback to the hotel was speedily responded to by the manager. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Food in the restaurant was okay but the breakfast was exceptional. Freshly cooked even the sausage was nice!! The staff were very helpful and friendly. There are many offers from de Vere, if you can get one this is an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
WychwoodPark, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our lovely facitlities here, I am glad that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. The hotel is set in extensive grounds and in addition to the Hotel Bar we also have our Claret Jug for a more relaxed atmosphere with beautiful views over the Golf Course. Glad too that you enjoyed a sumptious Breakfast and I will pass on your commments to our Chef regarding rest of the Restaurant offering. Pleased to hear that our staff were friendly and engaging and I hope to see you back soon. Keep an eye on our website for more offers.
Regards,
Nathan

Been to Wychwood Park? Share your experiences!