“Great hotel at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Wychwood Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Wychwood Park, Weston CW2 5GP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weston
Shropshire
“Great hotel at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights during the week. The staff were really friendly and the service was excellent. You can get a particularly good deal on Monday and Thursday nights, when I paid only £29.

My room was very comfortable with the largest bed I have ever seen. It also had a balcony overlooking the golf course. As I was studying for a qualification, I chose this hotel for peace and quiet and was not disappointed. The gym and spa facilities were also great.

My only niggles? A limited room service menu and a poor selection of bread at breakfast.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
AnnaWychwood, Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Traveller
Thank you very much for your kind comments, it is through client feedback I can monitor our service levels & adapt the business to suit.
I’m very pleased you enjoyed the deal & the bedroom. Your comments around the room service & bread have been taken onboard. Funnily enough we are soon to be launching the De Vere Venues Room Service Menu, so I am sure that you will enjoy the new offering once it is in place.
On behalf of myself and the team, we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards
Anna.bushby@deverevenues.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I attended a friends wedding here recently. The staff were excellent, the room a good size, clean, but a little 'tired'. The Restaurant food was good,and the breakfast excellent.....HOWEVER, the bar prices were, I feel, very high.....and having to pay £4 for a bottle of still water to take up to my room , I felt was extortionate !!.....This was not just my view, the same comments were heard from other guests.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
AnnaWychwood, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Traveller
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your kind comments regarding our venue and our staff.
Beverage prices, although set centrally, are regularly reviewed against other local hotels to ensure that these remain competitive in the market that we operate.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.
Grantham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Myself and my Fiance booked this hotel through the De Vere website, the package was £79.00 (2 adults) for dinner (inc. a bottle of house wine), bed & breakfast and a double room for one night.
We arrived at 5pm, however we could have booked in from 2pm.
Upon our arrival we were greeted by very friendly reception staff and was issued with our pass for the hotel.
We found our room to be clean and of a good size. We were lucky enough to also have a balcony which over looked the carpark (but beggers can't be choosers!).
The room had plenty of tea/coffee making facilities and lots of fresh clean towels.
We had booked in for dinner at 8.30pm. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly waiter who seemed genuinely happy to be doing his job (we have found in other hotels this generally isnt the case!). We were shown the set menu that was included in the package we had purchased and we were pleased with the choices. Although the wine was set and we had no choice (red or white) we were presented with a very cold bottle of Italian White which we very much enjoyed.
I had the chicken liver parfait followed by the Hake and then the cheesecake, all of which were made with good quality ingredients and very well presented...very tasty!
My Fiance also had the chicken liver parfait but he chose the beef and the cheeseboard, he very much enjoyed his meal too. The kichen was open plan, i always think this is a sign of a good kitchen as they were clearly proud of what they were doing!
The waiting staff were very happy to help with any questions we had.
Upon our return to the room we both had a very good night sleep in the comfortable (large!) bed.
Breakfast was served from 7.00-9.30, we made our way down and around 9 and we were greeted by our waiter from the night before which was nice to see. He was happy to explain where all the different food was and we were pleased to see lots of it! There was a good selection of cold fruit juices and tea and coffee was served at the table.
We opted for the self service full english breakfast. The food was all very hot and cooked to a great standard. There was also a good choice of fruit, yoghurt, pastries and cereals.
After very much enjoying our breakfast we checked out of the hotel where we were asked if we enjoyed our stay, we were happy to say yes!
A very enjoyable stay for great value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveller,
Thank you so much for a really lovely post, I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.
Great customer service, fabulous food and a sparkling clean hotel are the key elements that we strive to deliver and are at the centre of everything that we do. I am delighted that this was evident to you during your stay.
We hope to welcome you back to Wychwood very soon. Do look out for more special offers on our website. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.
Rhyl, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This review is written in retrospect as 3 friends and myself stayed there on the 26/27th March. I had read some of the reviews and wasn't quite sure what to expect, but we needn't have worried !!! The Hotel is very nice ,albeit a very conference/seminar type of place and not the type of hotel you would use to actually holiday in. Ths Lounge are is very open plan and not conducive to sitting around for any length of time. The Bars and Restaraunts aren't open until 17:00 H and they do not like you taking your own supply of "beverages " but there are some rules you just have to bend !!!!
Our rooms were a good size, nicely decorated with floor to ceiling windows with nice views of the Golf course. The bathroom was fine but with basis toiletries only ( I would take your own )
The Hotel is not isolated as some reviews would suggest and is very near Crewe , Nantwich etc;
We spent our time at the Golf Clubhouse and sat on the Verandah in the sunshine with a good supply of food and wine from the Claret Jug Restaraunt. The staff were very obliging and the food was very good at reasonable prices.
I think the weather helped our stay as we were able to sit out .I think it would be a different story if we had had to spend our time in the Hotel with minimal sitting areas , but on the whole it is a nice Hotel to take up on the special offers just for a short break.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your positive comments regarding our facilities and our staff.
I am pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back to Wychwood very soon. Do look out for more special offers on our website. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We've just come back after a 1 night stay at Wychwood Park. It very clean and contemporary, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had a meal in the bar which was lovely and reasonably price for hotel food. We had booked with the spring offer so it was definitely good value, we would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
AnnaWychwood, General Manager at Wychwood Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Traveller
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your positive comments regarding our venue and staff.
I’m very pleased you enjoyed one of our special offers that do prove popular, do keep your eyes open for future deals. We hope to welcome you back to Wychwood soon and if there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.
Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We booked this trip directly through the hotel, with Nicola the golf co-ordinator, who was very helpful and accommodating. We had dinner, bed and breakfast and two rounds of golf for £69 as a special offer. Two of our party had a beauty treatment instead of playing golf, which they thought was pretty basic, but for that price it was ok.

The golf course was fantastic. It is long, and not for beginners, with quite a few long carries to the fairways. The whole course was is great condition, the greens were terrific. We played it a few years ago and had forgotten what a great course it was. We had lunch in the clubhouse, which was very pleasant and reasonably priced. The bar in the hotel doesn't open until 5pm, so if you want a drink you need to use this one, but it is only a 2 minute walk from reception.

The hotel does look a bit like offices on a business park when you arrive, but it is absolutely spotlessly clean and all the staff we encountered were so helpful and pleasant. There is a free coffee machine in the reception, which was a nice touch also. The rooms are comfortable, but not lavish. They have everything you need - good shower, hairdryer, kettle, iron, trouser press, tv (not flat screen but ok) free wifi. The beds are firm, but I am ok with that. Again the rooms were spotless.

The 3 course dinner included was very good indeed. We all had different meals and there were no complaints. Breakfast was buffet style and again was excellent with plenty of choice, including a full English (yum!)

I have certainly stayed in more atmospheric hotels, but can't think of many that offer such good value for money and helpful, pleasant staff.

Dear Traveller
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your kind comments regarding our venue and our staff, I will be sure to pass your feedback onto Nicola and the whole team.
Great customer service, fabulous food and a sparkling clean hotel are the key elements that we strive to deliver and I am delighted that these ensured your stay with us was memorable for the right reasons.
We hope to welcome you back again soon and if there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely 2 night stay, staff courteous and very friendly/helpful, room very clean, food was good. I treated myself to the indulgence package with Zest, holistic and beauty therapists run by Julie and assisted by Melissa. Julie was very very knowledgable and very thorough in her work I had a great body scrub and massage, facial and pedicure, Melissa paid attention to detail and worked her magic. Will definately be going back again.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your positive comments regarding our facilities and our team. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your treatments with Julie and Melissa and that they helped make your stay with us a pleasant one.
We do hope to welcome you back to Wychwood very soon. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.
Anna.bushby@deverevenues.co.uk

Been to Wychwood Park? Share your experiences!