Here are my comments:
+ Excellent location, just 2 minutes on foot to Interlaken West Station
+ Affordable price, and I was lucky to be assigned with a tremendous mountain view room
+ Very accommodating staff, the receptionist understands your needs quickly as soon as you ask for help
+ Breakfast, although low in variety, was of high quality. Croissant and steamed sliced potato are my favourite.
+ Hotel keeps two dogs which are cute and lovely
+ Room is spacious even for single occupant.
+ A supermarket (COOP) is just around the corner. (But it closes on Sunday)
- WIFI was very poor. Even CHF5 charge is a rip-off.
- Room window is very close to the neighbouring balcany. Privacy is an issue.
- Wooden floor is noisy particularly during peak hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Interlaken is an international holiday resort famous for its glamour and social character. The Central Continental Hotel, located in a unique setting on the bank of the Aare River, a mere hundred yards from the Interlaken-West train station and the boat landing station, is also very elegant and of a high standard, and is situated within easy reach of all neighbouring mountain track and cable railways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Central Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central Continental Hotel
- Central Continental Interlaken
- Hotel Central Continental Interlaken, Switzerland