“Overrated” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011 via mobile

Looking new places in the area we visited boyles. On entering the bar area feels like the heart had been ripped from a lovely pub. The service was reasonable but not outstanding. We were shown to the restaurant and had a window seat.. Nice I thought for a romantic evening but alas a word I couldnt use for the view. The interior shows the obviously tried but the was no great style and the chairs very uncomfortable.
Food arrived and although it was reasonable I was not excited or blown away. Nothing I wouldnt expect from any run of the mill establishment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Best meal of my life!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Can not rate this restaurant highly enough. Just got back from an evening there with my husband. We both had the taster menu and it was absolutely fantastic although fairly expensive I still believe it was great value considering what was included. Martin went out of his way to make us feel welcome. The service was great. The chef deserves the reputation he has built up. Will certainly be back!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BANBRIDGE
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

First visit to Boyles only went because of great reviews in the press etc and had to see what it was all about, the décor was nice but cold, the greeting on arrival was Ok but we got the feeling the regulars were better treated, the menu had change to two set menus at fixed prices which was confusing as when I asked if we do not want a particular course what would happen and were told that it would be deducted in a tone that made me feel as if I should have known this, as nothing was individually priced we did not know what would be deducted very confusing.
As for the food it could not be faulted the service the same but the atmosphere was cold and something was missing just could not place it.
The bill for 5 was £190.00 two glasses of wine 4 pints and soft drinks I felt this was a bit on the high side.
The main man did not even acknowledge us after we paid and left too bust smoothing with the regulars.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Co Down, N Ireland
“Memorable meals, fun evenings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We've eaten in Boyle's countless times - we had reunions, farewells, dinners to celebrate and dinners to cheer ourselves up - and they've always been great. The world looks a lot brighter once you get the other side of some of the most delicious food I think I've ever been offered, and a bit of chat from the staff.

I like knowing that they know where all the food comes from, and I've cause to be grateful for good recommendations for food and for wine. Boyle's always, always delivers the goods for us, we're lucky to have such a good place so close to home.