I had never been to St. Peters, Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) before. This year our Board decided to hold our annual general meeting in Cape Breton and we made reservations at the Bras d'Or Lakes Inn. The room I stayed in was very comfortable & lovely!!! It reminded me of a "chalet" you might find in Vermont or somewhere in switzerland. The service was excellent!!! The staff at the inn always went that extra mile for me and paid attention to little details!!! The food was exquisite (especially the deserts)! If you like "fine cuuisine" - this is the place for you!!! Because there were about ten of us - we received a special rate on our meals and accomodations. The lake is beautiful and there is a lovely walking trail next to the inn. There is also a beach (Atlantic Ocean) no more than a twenty minute drive away. There are also lots of quaint little shops in the village where the inn is located. There's the Christmas Shop (opened almost all year round -including the summer), a Celtic Shop, a flower/gift store, a couple of pharmacies, a bank, etc. Whether you are taking a vacation or planning a small business meeting - I highly recommend the Bras d'Or Lakes Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cedar log waterfront Inn fronts on the shore of the world-famous Bras d'Or Lake. Rooms at the Inn are adjacent the historic St. Peter's Canal which connects this big salt water lake to the Atlantic Ocean. Chef Jean-Pierre Gillet and his talented team will tantalize you with epicurean delights. The Inn features its own waterfront recreation area with kayaks and canoes, bicycles, lakeside lounging deck, and a hot-tub overlooking the lake. PLEASE NOTE: THE RESTAURANT CLOSES OCTOBER 19, 2014 FOR THIS SEASON. A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WILL BE THEN BE INCLUDED WITH THE BOOKING. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Bras d'Or Lakes Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bras d`Or Lakes Hotel St. Peter`s
- Bras D'Or Lakes Inn Nova Scotia/Cape Breton Island, Canada