“Boat trip of a lifetime!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Pollonia
Byron Bay, Australia
“Boat trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently stayed a week in Pollonia on the island of Milos. Andreas our captain, owns the studios where we stayed and also operates one of the best boat trips I have ever experienced. Having worked on tour boats in Australia's Whitsunday Islands I was unsure whether to take this trip.
Was I ever wrong!
Our trip set off at a leisurely 10am from the main pier near the seaside restaurants scattered along Pollonia's waterfront. Andreas had deterred us from travelling the day previous as he assured us that day would be exceptional. He was not wrong.
We motored about all day on an unforgettable sea of spectacular azure glass, beautiful Greek sunshine and not a breath of wind all day. Andreas dropped anchor whenever we gave him a shout, sailing in and out of stunning coves and dropping wonderful gems of knowledge at every turn. For lunch we stopped at the most amazing secluded bay with some incredible cliff jumps for young and old. After a hefty hike up to top of a mars-like landscape (Bring some kicks and a beer ;) to a beautiful old light house, Andreas treated us to a delicious spread of BBQ lamb and chicken with home-grown salads, hand-made local cheeses and Greek delicacies. Just beware of the beach goats haha.
At the end of the day our captain gave us the option to stay on board and join him for a sunset cruise to finish the day. Just another example of wonderful Milos hospitality.
If you do one thing on Milos spend a day on the water with the funniest captain in Greece.
Thanks mate.
Ben & Alicia, Byron Bay Australia.

Visited August 2013

• Greek first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Highlight of Milos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

At Adamos there are plenty of big boats offering trips around Milos, but I would urge you to take this trip from Pollonia. The boat is fantastic and the captain even more so! Andreas is so knowledgable, enthusiastic, passionate even, about the beautiful waters and coastline around Milos, Kimolos and the other islands around here. He worked so hard on the trip, and put so much effort into making it so memorable for all on board. I will never forget it! The trip is unbelievable value - it lasts all day and includes a fabulous lunch (prepared by Andreas on the beach!) with wine and ouzo if you want it. I'm vegetarian and there was more food than I could eat - delicious bbqd courgettes, aubergines and peppers, plus gorgeous Greek bread! It is so much more than a boat trip if I can articulate this....because it is so personal it is impossible not to make aquaintances. I boarded this trip alone and in the evening ashore I had dinner with people I had met and with whom I am sure I will keep in touch with. Beware...this trip could change your life!

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Day out to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

A trip around the island of Milos with Andreas was a highlight of our holiday. He provided fresh veg from his greenhouse, wonderful cheese from his goats and took us around the most stunning coastline we have ever seen. He is invariably cheerful and full of local knowledge and keen to make the day memorable. The aquamarine water around the coastline sets off the amazing cliffs which change colour depending on the rocks and the sunlight. Falcons circle above. Don't miss it,

PA
21 attraction reviews
“Beautiful day, beautiful blue water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful day spent swimming in coves, having a delicious grilled lunch with some new friends and a herd of wild goats. Andreas gave us a fantastic trip around the islands, seeing the beautiful rugged coastline and the beautiful blue water. Andreas only takes up to 11 passengers on his boat at a time, which makes for a most enjoyable trip without being crowded. There is plenty of room to move around on the boat. A very enjoyable, relaxing day!

Dublin, Ireland
26 attraction reviews
“Not To Be Missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just back from a fantastic day out with Andreas and Brigitte (I can still feel the boat rocking!). Beautiful sunny day and swimming in crystal clear aquamarine water from the back of the boat. Terrific barbecue in the company of 4 wild goats who provided plenty of entertainment. Full day with the grand finale of a Pollonia sunset