Buccaneers seems to be the place to be - and the location is just fantastic.
We came with our two kids and we loved all the stuff they have going on - especially the genuine commitment to the local community. We went on a cultural tour (excellent) attended the primary school concert (just fantastic) and had a surfing lesson (great).
The bar has a lovely vibe, the staff are great (a bit laid back maybe, but hard not to be here!) and the evening food is excellent.
But... The rooms are poor. We had a two bedroomed cabin, which badly needed updating. With somekind of flooring, better kitchen equipment and sorting out the damp it could have been paradise. On our first night we wanted to move out because the place smelt so bad (damp) but we persevered and we are very glad we did as we'd have missed out on the other great stuff.
But please spend a little cash on the rooms... And also please supply guests with towels. After a year of travelling this was the only place anywhere in the world we stayed where towels were for sale, but not provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buccaneers, set in beautiful indigenous gardens with magnificent views of the Cintsa Bay and lagoon, has been a haven for travelers for the last 17 years. With its great location and wide range of accommodation offering from camping to en-suite rooms and facilities like a swimming pool, free canoes, volleyball court & (of course) the beach right on its doorstep. Buccaneers has been Fair Trade certified and is intricately involved in local community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers Hotel Cintsa
- Buccaneers Lodge And Backpackers