My friends and I stayed at the campsite for 4 nights over New Years and we had the most amazing time! The campsite is gorgeous, the pool area is a perfect day-time hangout and the bar by reception looks like a bumpin party (though we never actually made it there, we just drove by and heard good reviews). The New Years Eve party was amazing (although the music selection was questionable). Breakfast at the restaurant is cheap (R30 for a full English) and delicious. The campsite has a fully equipped kitchen and ablution blocks. The semi outdoor showers are super cool (there is hot water but the water pressure varies). It makes for a great camping experience at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend it! My only complaint was ordering food from the pool bar... the staff tries to talk you out of it?! They come up with various reasons why you shouldn't order food... which I found strange. I heard this same complaint from others as well. Otherwise I had an awesome time and can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buccaneers, set in beautiful indigenous gardens with magnificent views of the Cintsa Bay and lagoon, has been a haven for travelers for the last 17 years. With its great location and wide range of accommodation offering from camping to en-suite rooms and facilities like a swimming pool, free canoes, volleyball court & (of course) the beach right on its doorstep. Buccaneers has been Fair Trade certified and is intricately involved in local community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneers Lodge & Backpackers Hotel Cintsa
- Buccaneers Lodge And Backpackers