This place is located just off Highway CA-5, which is the main highway crossing Honduras. It is located about 2 hours from the San Pedro Sula airport. I would highly recommend staying at this location instead of staying at any upscale hotel in San Pedro. In our case, we had a 7am flight out of San Pedro and we wanted to stay nearby but not within San Pedro Sula and this place worked out really well.
- Boarding for individuals (romantic), groups
- Cottage-type of rooms (this kind of room is where we stayed)...my family of 6 and I were able to stay here for under $90.00 (granted this was off season)
- Restaurant: highly recommend the restaurant...if you are going to ask for fish and you prefer it well done...ask them to overcook it. This would be my recommendation on the dish (fish dinner). Also...keep in mind you are probably going to have to wait between 30-minutes to 1 hour before the food is served.
- Souvenir Shop: They have a small souvenir shop, which has a lot of goodies made by local indigenous groups. My recommendation is to skip it because of the prices. High prices and you will find cheaper goodies at the airport made by the same local groups.
- Boat rides: rides around the lake are offered at certain hours. We got there past the hours so we couldn't experience this.
ABOUT THE ROOMS
We stayed at a cottage-type of room, where they had bunk beds and probably as many as 10 people could sleep in one room/individual beds and there were two rooms. One with a private full bathroom. There was a living-room type area and another shared full bathroom. The three rooms had TVs, they were all clean. The bathrooms were clean. Noise could be a problem since it is off the highway but it didn't bother us. The shower did offer hot\cold water. The shower would do some weird sounds when it was warming the water up but other than that...the water came out cold or hot...granted the hot water runs out but wait for a bit and more hot water will come up. The weird sound was a sign the hot water was coming.
Overall...I highly recommend it. You'll find everything in one place with a nice view.
If you're planning to eat at the premises, go one hour prior to the time when you want to be ser...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.