We stayed at the Motel July 23 - 25. We upgraded for only 15 dollars to the ocean view room. We ended up in a room with a great little patio about 15 feet from the ocean. The room was basic and clean with everything we needed, however we spent most of our time on the patio relaxing.
The theater festival is on during the summer, we went to two shows and would have stayed for a third if we did not have to travel on. The actors, costume design and stage sets where all top notch. The shows were funny and rich with culture. I recommend to everyone traveling to Gros Morne to make a point of booking one of the shows, you will not be disappointed.
The restaurant offers a basic selection of comfort foods. Not a five star but keeps true to the Gros Morne restaurant feeling. If you want a different dinner option check out the cafe on main street just by the botanical gardens. She by far served us the best fish and chips on the Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Gros Morne National Park. Home of Gros Morne Theatre Festival, live theatre May - September. Minutes away from breathtaking scenery--Western Brook Fjords Pond boat tour, Shallow Bay Beach, and 18-hole golf course. 84 units--many in room comforts. Our facility offers--free Wireless Internet, Restaurant, Outdoor heated pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Exercise Room, Gift Shop, ATM and Laundromat. Combining the amenities of a 3.5* motel with luxurious oceanfront rooms. 2 Exits--North & South (drive through community). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shallow Bay Motel And Cabins
- Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins Hotel Cow Head
- Shallow Bay Hotel
- Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins Cow Head, Newfoundland