“The most wonderful hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Esmeralda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Biert
Maison Esmeralda
Route des Pyrenees | Midi-Pyrenees, 09320 Biert, France   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Biert B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The most wonderful hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I had been having a particularly stressful time, with both family, relationship and work and I was basically desperate to just get away from things and find some peace.

I stumbled across Maison Esmeralda whilst looking for accomodation on the net and I have to say it was probably one of the better decisions that I have made for quite a while. From the moment that I arrived Marcia and Michael were the perfect hosts, throught the whole of the five days that I spent with them knowing exactly how to give guests space and when advice and company is required.

The food that they had prepared was outstanding, their camaraderie warmth was unsurpassed and the setting of the Maison Esmerelda itself is unbelievably beautiful.

I really totally refreshed when I returned to London and I cannot recommend the place highly enough.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

We stayed here both in April in the B&B and again in August in the gite. The welcome from Philip and Heather was great and they gave us plenty of information about local activities. We enjoyed Kayaking, horse riding, hill walking and swimming in the nearby river. We ate nearly every night in the B&B and found the food outstanding. This is truly an area of outstanding beauty and the standard of the B&B and the gite were excellant. We would strongly recommend Esmeralda

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

My husband and myself stayed at the Esmeralda for one week at the end of September. We were looking for a relaxing break after a hectic year and the Esmeralda gave us just that . Heather and Philip were great hosts and the food was truly enterprising and each evening it was a delight to return for our evening meal. The room was very comfortable with a lovely en-suite.
Biert although small is a lovely village sitting just under the mountains, it has a bar within easy reach which was was pleasant stroll for an evening drink . The scenery was spectacular and many interesting places within easy reach. We were able to have a day out in Andorra which was a bonus. My husband and I would recommend the Esmeralda if you are looking for a holiday to truly unwind and take in the delights of the Midi-Pyrenees , and with our excellant hosts the Esmeralda was truly charming.

Stayed September 2008
bradford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

We booked the bed and breakfast accommodation for 6 nights and the gite in the grounds for 7 nights.

this place is beautiful and relaxing. The hosts Philip and Heather are english which enhanced our holiday by telling us places to visit, restaurants etc. they are also excellent chefs and provide a 5 course gourmet evening meal if required.
we took our 3 children and they loved the swimming pool, hammock, boules, trampoline that were all available to us. to top if off they have a wonderful collie who faithfully follows you about, goes on walks with you and was a huge hit with the children.
staying here was a truly wonderful experience and made our holiday fun and interesting. Our hosts recommended horse riding, kayaking, swinging from trees, swimming in beautiful lakes, cycling down mountains - and we did them all!

• Liked — the large gardens, swimming pool. friendly helpful hosts
  • Disliked — beds a little soft
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Still looking for a hotel?