“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

44 01506 872 300
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Retreat Health and Beauty Salon offers a wide selection of the latest treatments.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Got Shellac on finger nails which bubbled straight away then cracked after about 5 days. Was a mess. First time I'd got it so didn't know any better.

That was until I went back to get it removed after 3 weeks when I got back from holiday. Explained what happened and girl admitted that shouldn't have happened then she confirmed it hadn't been applied correctly in the first place.
She then charged me £10 for removing it!

Needless to say won't be there again.

Visited March 2014
Sam H, Owner at The Retreat Health and Beauty Salon, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hi

I am sorry you feel you had a poor experience with us, however we have no record of any formal complaint being made.

It is very important that our Clients receive excellent customer service each and every time they visit The Retreat. We take any negative feedback incredibly seriously and would always ensure this is dealt in an appropriate manner. As we have not received a formal complaint in relation to this we have been unable to follow our usual company procedures.

I would be grateful if you would provide me with your name and telephone number to info@retreatscotand.com so that we may investigate your complaint.

Kind regards,

Sam Hastings
Managing Director

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fab Fab Fab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had only been here a handful of times, but since its come onto Facebook publicising ALL the fantastic offers it has and the brilliant idea of the VIP scheme I have been using the salon much more often, having treatment I would never thought of trying ! but now I cant get enough and every day I check into facebook to see what the up and coming offers are. IM ADDICTED.. ; )

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best Spa Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Im regular visitor to this spa for the past few years. Such a lovely and welcoming atmosphere. Ladies here are simply the best beauticians ever. Let it be a facial, manicure or a massage they always nail it. Shellac designs they do are quiet nice and draws in a lot of complements. If you are not driving its only an half an hour journey by train.

Even after moving to Edinburgh city centre, I still keep going back there as its well worth the trip. They are also open late on few weekdays which is quiet good. Their FB page is well managed, I dont think I ever rang them :)

Offers are always a bonus and they always have a few you could choose from.

Livingston, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Hidden little gem in West Calder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Came across this salon on facebook and as its not far from where I live decided to try out their treatments. I have since become a fan and visit regularly. Girls make you feel very welcome, always a smile and very accomodating. Recently have ESPA available and the girls are now ESPA trained which really pleased me as I am big fan of ESPA. My shellac nails are the best I have ever had. Massage was out of this world. They have a VIP list which regularly offers discounts and more recently added a Late List via email, which allows you to book for the next day at a discounted price when spaces available. Worth trying you wont be disappointed!