“Nice Hotel, interesting area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Angle Louverture & Geffrard, Petionville HT6110, Haiti   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Petionville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tempe, Arizona
“Nice Hotel, interesting area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hotel seems brand new, lobby very nice, restaurant//bar comfortable, food a little pricey. The staff was very helpful in arranging transportation down to Port Au Prince. Hotel has a free shuttle for the immediate area. Hotel is in an interesting part of town, very colorful! It was nice to have an "oasis" in a hectic, busy, jam packed area. If you are going to the Port Au Prince area highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ronsanjuan, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review and also for your business. I do hope you make your next trip back and stay with us. I am glad you liked our restaurant and bar, and that you enjoy the lobby and the services you received. To include our shuttle. I am glad that you are willing to recommend our services .
We value your comments.
Ronald Maidens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Carolina, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

For a business traveler like me, this hotel is the best in Haiti by fall. I stay 3 nights and was very quiet and relaxing. I will book this hotel again and will highly recommend this place to my colleagues from KHS.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review and also for your business. I am glad that the KHS has recommended you our hotel, and that you had a good experience with us.
We look forward to see you soon.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Up to now, even the best hotels available in Port au Prince have been at best adequate. This one is a gem. The staff is really professional and friendly, and the rooms are almost perfect. There were some downsides. Breakfast was not included n my room rate and was a bit on the expensive side. The internet was spotty in the room, but worked well in the common areas. The gym is rather minimal. But this is Haiti, so I am giving it five stars despite these issues.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have a better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ronsanjuan, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I really appreciate always the feedback from our guest. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our hotel "by far the best" A quick update last week we upgraded our internet coverage, and that should be all resolved. Thank you for your business, and I do look forward to have you back.
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've been traveling to Haiti for over the past 10 years. I normally don't have too many positives to say in regards to the level of service in general. I was going lodge at a different hotel, but my cousin suggested best western. I must say that I was really impressed with the overall experience at this particular hotel. The staff were great. MARIANA at the front desk epitomize professionalism at the highest level. When I needed something done, I didn't want anyone else to help me except her. She should be the face of Haiti, very pleasant. I can finally feel comfortable about bringing friends to Haiti knowing that I can expect great service and comfort at a hotel in Haiti. I will definitely come back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am glad that you returned to Haiti after 10 years and found our hotel to be superb and had a great time with us. Your cousin recommend you our hotel, "you have a great cousin" thank him on my behalf. Mariana at the desk was recognized. Thank you
The service and the entire experience you had is what we strive each day to make your hotel a better one. I look forward to your return, and thank you for your business.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was sent to work in Haiti with JetBlue Airways Corp. For a month and the company had chosen Best Western Premier PetionVille Haiti, at first I was skeptical about it because of the distance but over time I grew to enjoy it. The location is well position for outings or different taste of restaurants in Petion Ville, Haiti. The building is modernize with style and imagery of Haiti great arts, the atmosphere is welcoming. The staff is friendly and pleasant always ready to assist you with your request, the service is great and the food is excellent. They offer some entertainment on Wednesday which was good didn't have to go to far for a good time, although they play until a certain time but good enough to unwind and socialize.
I had a great time there and I would recommend anybody to stay there. Their price is just as competitive with other four start hotel in the area. If you wish to stay at the Best Western Premier Petion Villle you will not regret.

From hermann JetBlue Airways

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Herman
Thank you for your great comment on the hotel, I am glad Jet Blue recommended you to stay as an employee of such great company. We were very happy to have al the Jet Blue staff stay here and we will continue to provide you with the service that al our guest deserve. The entertainment is for our guest to have a happy hour to relax and enjoy our terrace with such a great view.
I look forward to have you back, and thank you for the business and also for taking the time to write the review.
Thank you for recommending us.
Best
Ronald
Montclair
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This review would be a lot higher if management wasn't incompetent. The staff is friendly & cooperative. The hotel is modern, well designed and the furnishings are top of the line. The health club is average or below. It reminds me of a cruise line health club from the 90's

There are two problems, though, and they are major.

One the guest WiFi does not work in rooms located in the back of the hotel. Ethernet does, if you have that option, but forget about your iPad. In-room WiFi works fine in rooms located in the front of the hotel and it works for everyone in the comfortable lobby and bar.

Two, management sponsors what they call 'Happy Hour' in the hotel club each Wednesday. I assumed it meant free drinks. I was wrong. It means punishingly loud club/disco music blasting out of speakers in the back of the hotel. I was on the 6th floor and it was so loud ear plugs did not help. I can imagine was the cacophony was like on lower floors.

I could not sleep and after repeated calls the 'Happy Hour' ended at 12:30AM. (I don't think my calls had anything to do with it.)

So, if you stay in the hotel, stay in front and take earplugs just to be sure.

Room Tip: In front if you want WiFi and a chance at quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ronsanjuan, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Mr Shannon,
I am very sorry to see that you had issues with the WI-FI and also the noise of the music, during our 2x1 happy hour during your last stay with us. I have instructed the event coordinator to assure that the Wednesday Happy Hour is kept on a lower music level. In addition to it for your information the hotel is upgrading the internet coverage to assure that all corners of the hotel will be fully covered. I am glad you found the staff friendly and gave us a 5 in service, but once again, I am sorry. I will love to have you back and you will find the issues you mentioned corrected.
Thank you for your business and also for written this mail, since it will help us improve and serve you better.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have been travelling to Haiti for over 30 years and this would be my second time staying at the Best Western. Overall could not be happier about staying at Best Western apart from being modern, convenient etc. one thing really struck me on my last trip. I had come in and rushed and thrown a lot of my clothes on the chair. The next morning I also had left some clothes on the bed. When I returned to the hotel I found all the clothes had been neatly folded and put in a drawer and my shirts had been hung in the closet!! I have stayed at many hotels in my life but NEVER seen this level of service. Bravo! I will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ronsanjuan, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am glad that your returned to Haiti after 30 years, and happy to hear that our hotel and staff made you stay the best ever in any hotel. You mentioned the details of housekeeping by folding all your cloths left behind......well we want to pamper as much all of our guest daily, that is our single goal. Thank you for your business and thank you for the great review. I look forward to have you back soon.
Best
Ronald Maidens

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Petion-Ville? Share your experiences!