We traveled to Italy with 2 other couples. We spent 12 nights in Italy, 6 of them in Tuscany, 3 of which were at Fonte de Medici. This was by far the best place we stayed. As other reviewers have pointed out, you need a car. And it helps greatly to have a gps.
The only thing stopping me from giving a higher rating is how uncomfortable the beds were. They were, by far, the hardest beds we slept on during our entire trip. Having said that, we all wish we would have spent all of our nights in Tuscany at Fonte de Medici. The rooms are decorated well. The grounds and views are breathtaking. This is the perfect Tuscan location. We took day trips to Florence and Siena. It's a short drive to Greve and many other small Tuscan towns. The staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us driving directions and restaurant suggestions. The restaurant at Fonte de Medici was wonderful and the breakfast provided was delicious with several options.
We did not use most of the amenities provided on the grounds, but we did set up a tour of the Tignanello wine estate (down the road from Fonte de Medici, same owners). We had a wonderful guide.
If we could pick just one place to return to from our Italy trip, this would be the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 double rooms, 20 apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Fonte de' Medici reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fonte De` Medici Hotel Montefiridolfi
- Fonte De' Medici Montefiridolfi, Italy - Tuscany