“If you have Coeliac, this is the place to go!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nanhoron Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nefyn
Nanhoron Arms Hotel
You added Nanhoron Arms Hotel to your Saves list
St Davids Road | Pwllheli, Nefyn LL53 6EA, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Nefyn B&B and Inns
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“If you have Coeliac, this is the place to go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Made very welcome at this hotel. My husband is allergic to gluten and of all the hotels we've been to, the efforts of the 2 Chefs were the best ever! Very impressed. Hotel was lovely and clean and people extremely friendly.

Room Tip: The room was clean and spacious.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kim H, Receptionist at Nanhoron Arms Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
We try our best to accommodate guests dietary needs, and as most of the menu is home-made we are able to adapt meals to suit most requirements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I read about this hotel in the Daily Mail a few weeks ago so as I was having to work down this part of Wales I decided to stay at The Nan,as the locals call it, and I wasn't disappointed. Having asked for a single room I was given a lovely room with a slight sea view. The room was nicely decorated and had a very comfortable bed. The en-suite bathroom had everything one needed and there was complementary tea and coffee. When one's away from home you hope that the food is going to be good and The Nan didn't let me down! A hearty breakfast was served each morning,( ask if the chef has been fishing, fresh mackeral) and the evening meals! A good choice of starters, recommend the tapas, and for a main course I couldn't fault the roast duck. My waitress was very helpful with her suggestion, on my second night, of the fresh sea bass that had been caught that day. Price of wine was reasonable and they had a good choice of beers. On the whole I was very satisfied with the Nanhoron and was very pleased with my bill.I was expecting it to be more! Good hotel, good food,good service and a nice warm welcome by the family who run the hotel. In the famous words of Arnie''I'll be back''!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
uk-worcestershire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Not a great deal to do in nefyn you may as well stay in abersoch which is nicer and more upmarket.
This hotel is tired looking in need of a revamp and a lick of paint. Opposite a social club and has a bar attached to it can be noisy.
Food in restaurant is overpriced as they can charge what they like as there are many restaurants in nefyn.
Hotel room had damp in the ceiling, very basic, needs money spending on it, double bed £88 room b and b we got up the next morning to no breakfast no sign of any staff on site at all.
Website makes it look very nice with good photos of it in the dark with the lamps on, when you arrive in the day you see where it fails.
We went to abersoch before going there which was very nice I would prefer to stay there, nefyn had a small fish and chip shop and a spar! Don't go out your way to go there's!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Mold, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was with a party of 12 golfers who spent one night here prior to playing Nefyn Golf Course. The hotel has modern rooms, offers a good selection of unpretentious food and appears popular with locals and visitors alike. It could do with a larger lounge area to sit and relax with a drink but apart from that it was fine for the one night we stayed

• Stayed July 2010
UKI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Your website needs correcting! How do you manage to survive with such slack information? I would not have thought the hotel would wish to have anything to do with your site. Words fail me....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I meet and have dinner here regularly and the previous review gives a completely unreasonable and inaccurate sumary. The meals are very good in my view. Not pretentious but good local ingredients with loads of well cooked vegetables. Like any place with a bar you might sometimes get one or two noisy customers but whenever I have been there it has been quiet. I cannot think of any pub within a 8 mile radius that has closed so that is untrue as well. The Nanhoron gives access to a very beautiful area and excellent golf.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
South London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

Arrived after long journey on a Sunday. Dinner options limited. We advised Reception that we would be eating that evening. Family met in Bar after unpacking, looking forward to leisurely pre-drink before making our way to the restaurant. But that was not to be... menus were thrown at us and orders demanded way before the time we had said we wanted to eat. Very surprised at poor quality of food on offer. Eating area seemed busy, so clearly we were expecting lots more than regulars/locals or there's little on offer locally.

We were shown into an area that could best be described as a breakfast room of some sort, but it was more akin to a Little Chef eating area than a restaurant. Food was awful. Chef has evidently no apprecation of vegetables. Extremely disappointed.

Rooms were okay although the beds were never made properly. Windows painted shut. Reception rarely manned, even though they expected guests to leave room keys there. In full vew. Never did that. There is a proper dining room in this place... it is not a hotel by my standards. But it seems to be used most often for the proprietors affairs and not for the benefit of guests. Apparently the pubs in the local vicinity have all closed, people now converge on the Nanhoron. And you can hear them from the back all through the night. The "social club" at the front, across the road, is less rowdy but can be disturbing.

We've passed this place many times over the years and have heard good things about it in the past, but I would not recommend this place to anyone.

At breakfast the first morning we were asked for our order but there was no indication about what was on offer. Same bowl of 'grapefruit segments' seemed to apear every day. We were shown into the same eating area as we had dinner the night before. Breakfast edible but selection was nothing to write home about.

Given service, food etc. not good value for money. Will be stayin elsewhere in future!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Nanhoron Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!