“My review is not about staying at the hotel its about the trauma of booking 2 rooms at the Hotel which took me over 1 hours my e” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa

You added Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grange Road, Polmont FK2 0YB, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Polmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

MacDonald's booking for Inchyra Hotel Falkirk was so frustrating & took so long that I will never stay at a MacDonald's Hotels ever again. I started the booking using my iPad but had to give up trying to complete the booking since screen "buttons" didn't work after 90% of the booking had been completed. Then tried booking on iPhone got a different price for the room over £20 more per room on iPad. I then got rejected on 2 of my credit cards so abandoned that booking attempt. I telephoned the booking centre & after the usual silly recorded comments & delay Natalie answered & she efficiently took my booking & I told her about the rejected on line credit card debacle with 2 cards but hey presto she confirmed my cards as ok. However even at this point my booking was not yet complete in that when I received my email confirmation that proved to be inaccurate wrong number of rooms & a couple of other mistakes. Frustrated I phoned again with the repeated recorded nonsense & surprising got Natalie back who very nicely apologised & she told me that she had heard of issues with iPad bookings but that there had been some IT issues in transcribing her copy of my booking to the email confirmation. I have since received a second confirmation email & that is even more incomplete & wrong than the firstl. I am not going to bother telephoning MacDonalds again preferring to rely upon the power of Trip Advisor to awaken MacDonald Hotel Management so that they confirm my booking correctly. I do not believe that it is Natalie's fault in this instance it is clearly chaos at MacDonald's Hotels.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently visited this pool as a guest with my 6month old baby. I thought it would be a great experience but I was very disappointed. There is a family/disabled changing roomwhich has two lockers but we were unable to use these lockers as there was no keys for them. The staff said they think members has gone home with the keys. They are waiting for new keys. Couldn't they take the master keys to a local key smith and sort this problem within 40minutes??? I had to struggle through to the ladies changing room to use a locker. The family/disabled changing room has a shower, toilet and baby change shelf. The floor area was soaking wet and the toilet was dirty. Certainly not a place I want to use again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked in for one nights stay with BB, spa treatment and bubbly on arrival. Enjoyed an excellent Sunday lunch and dinner that night. Rooms aren't anything special, although nothing particularly wrong with them. Only disappointing thing was that the reception staff didn't seem to know much about our package and didn't offer us the bubbly on arrival or know much about the spa treatment. Fortunately we got the spa treatment as we had pre-booked but no bubbly as we both had to drive home that day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Despite being plonked between a power station and a prison, this hotel is actually very nice. Polmont is perhaps not Scotland's most beautiful area, however we both felt completely refreshed from our overnight spa stay here.

We were able to combine a couple of vouchers so that it was a really inexpensive stay for both spa and fine food. The rasul mud treatment comes highly recommended for couples - great fun! The in-house restaurant, Scottish Steak Club, did a fine job. The gym facilities are really good.

Our room was grand, no complaints at all.

Perfect hotel for a one-night romantic getaway from Edinburgh or Glasgow, given that the hotel can be easily accessed from the nearby main trainline.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel. I went with my mum and sister for some much needed relaxation and we weren't disappointed. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were lovely and we were impressed with the choice at breakfast. The swimming pool and sauna facilities were fantastic and we all had treatments in the spa which we enjoyed. Only negative we could find was the price of drinks which were very expensive. We will be returning again soon.

• Stayed June 2013
Hopton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a week traveling around Scotland and just happened to find this hotel one evening. The reception desk people were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and comfortable however the couch in the room was stained. The bathroom was also very spacious and well equipped. Our only big disappointment was the dining room and the food. The dining area was more like a pub bar area. For such a fancy hotel, it was very small and tables were much to close for a comfortable private meal and conversation. The food was terrible, especially breakfast. The food was cold with very few choices. I'm not sure if I would stay there again. If we did, we would go out for meals.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I travelled to the Inchyra Hotel with my sister for a little treat for ourselves and we weren't disappointed. We were greeted warmly by the staff at reception and shown to our room by another friendly member of staff. On our first evening we had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent and served by attentive staff.
The following day we used the pool and steam rooms which were very clean and a pleasure to use and also had some spa treatments which were given by friendly experienced staff and left us feeling pleasant and relaxed.
Overall we had an excellent stay and will definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!