“Perfect wedding venue” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bowfield Road, Howwood PA9 1DZ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Howwood
“Perfect wedding venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had our wedding here on the 21st of September and couldn't fault a single minute of the day.
The venue was warm and inviting and from the very start with all the planning etc to the big day, the staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.
The hotel itself was much bigger than we realised and had plenty of things to do as a family the night before.
The food was lovely and very well priced.
Everyone who attended was very impressed and those who stayed over we're also happy with their stay.
We will definitely be back for many meals and a few nights away and would recommend the bowfield to anyone. A few of our guests have been back since and a friend has also booked her wedding.
Thanks for a great day.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your extremely kind comments following your wedding at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club.

It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted we played an important part in your special day.

We look forward to welcoming you back over the coming months and years.

Thank you once again.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed in the Hotel in October after a spur of the moment decision to have an overnight!
Booked the room with the 4 poster bed!

On arrival, we were checked in and went straight to the room. Reception staff were very pleasant and welcoming! Initial thoughts of the room: Very clean, Nice TV and great view. The 4 poster bed could be doing with a bit of TLC. however it was a nice touch!

The hotel itself has a great relaxing vibe to it! The restaurant food was great! We decided not to go for the meal deal and stick to the normal menu. Service was very slow; restaurant wasn't busy, however, it did feel a long wait between the courses and even getting the bill (ended up having to go up to the bar). Couldn't fault the food, very nice and portion size was good!

On the Saturday evening, we went out and then used the bar facilities on our return. Thought this lacked atmosphere ever so slightly! Twice I had to ask at reception for someone to serve me which wasn't the best!

On the Sunday morning, we used the leisure facilities which were very nice! Fantastic way to start your day. After this, it was nice to sit and read the papers at the fire which was bliss!

Would definitely return for a long weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointments you experienced, in particular with your meal service. I can assure you your comments have been taken on board and discussed with the team here, with action taken to improve.

Thank you for all your kind comments and I am delighted that you would look forward to returning to the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Used this hotel to go to splash tots and the swimming pool was freezing and very small. When I complained to management I was told that they try to have a temperature to suit all customers! !! My local pool was warmer at a fraction of the cost! !! Bowfield should not hold baby swimming classes if they arent willing to heat the pool. Very disappointed xx

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your comments once again.

I can assure you our pool is heated 24 hours a day, and is also heated to comply with all relevant guidelines. We do actually maintain the temperature slightly above the guidelines to try to meet the demands of all our customers. With over 1600 members and a variety of uses such as swimming lessons, AquaFit classes, triathlons and leisure swimming then we work very hard to maintain this temperature.

I am sorry that you do not feel this was appropriate for the class you booked. We do have feedback advising that the pool was an appropriate temperature for the splash tot class.

Craig Stewart

Travelers are raving about these Howwood hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Really nice hotel in quiet surroundings. The bedroom and bathroom were spacious and clean. Hotel staff are really friendly. The evening meal and breakfast were very good. Wish i would have took advantage of the swimming pool and gym. Would certainly stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, October 18, 2013

The team appreciate this very much indeed and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My partner and I recently booked a peaceful night away to the bowfield. I popped in the evening before our stay to drop off balloons to be placed in our room for my partners arrival with a message of marriage proposal on the balloon, the lady on reception Was lovely and very helpful. Also kindly upgraded our roon to the "four poster" free of charge. We had a pleasant stay though the room was a bit tired looking. We had steak for dinner, I wasn't impressed by the food very greasy and was served with one mushroom this was served in the dining room which is cosy with the open fire, I would return here but would probably eat out.

• Stayed September 2013
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay.

Firstly, congratulations and good luck for the future.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you felt with your room and with your meal. I can assure you I have discussed your comments with our Head Chef.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding the team, they are very much appreciated.

Once again congratulations and I do hope that we may welcome you back again in the near future.

lona43
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I joined Bowfield 13 years ago owing to the HEATED indoor pool which was the main attraction. I have had a triple bypass and suffer from Angina. My cardiologist insisted that if I must keep up with swimming that on no account should it be in cold water. I have complained many times to management regarding the pool being cold and the advice I was given was to swim faster. Not very good customer service when you consider the cost of the membership. The adult only swimming season is between 12.30pm to 2pm but also management don't seem to be able to enforce this rule as children are always having to be removed from the pool during adult times.
I go to Bowfield to de-stress but lately I come out feeling more stressed than when I went in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your comments regarding our swimming pool temperature. I can assure you the pool is heated 24 hours a day.

As I am sure you will also appreciate, the swimming pool is used by a wide variety of people for a wide variety of purposes, we have families with young kids, teenagers, guests on relaxing spa days, serious swimmers, swimming lessons, Aquafit classes and many more uses. Our challenge is to find a temperature that suits everybody and with the volume of water involved this cannot be changed quickly.

Please accept my sincere apologies if we fail to reach the temperature that you would like, but I assure you we are trying extremely hard to meet the needs of all our customers and members.

Thank you for your comments and I do hope that we continue to welcome you back to Bowfield Hotel & Country Club and you make use of all the facilities we offer.

glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been many times, and just love it its half hour away , the log fire the lovely staff, the sauna the pool the bar and meals and of course the price. I am glad to give this review but hope not to many people read this I dont want everyone going and there will no room for me thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind comments following your recent stay.

Your comments are very much appreciated by all the team here at Bowfield and we look forward very much to welcoming you back again and again.

Craig Stewart

Been to Bowfield Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!