“Valentines dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: European
“Valentines dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Dinner for four was excellent. The food was beautiful, great quality we enjoyed every course. The service was fantastic, felt very comfortable and relaxed. They thought of everything before we did! Thank you it was an unexpected treat.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great food with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

New Years Eve table of 6. The restuarant was full but we had a round table and had plenty of room. The service along with the food was excellent. I had scallops, followed by beef and I could not fault them. They had 6 clean plates from all courses. A pleasant evening. We found all the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“disappointing. ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Where to begin.,. Xmas do for work place, too many tables crammed into room, once in your seat you couldnt get out! Food was atrocious, small, luke warm, no where near enough veg, slice and half of meat, burnt yorkshire and charging £40 per head for this absolute rubbish, shame on you quy mill!!!! Drinks horrendously expensive..... and staff under so much pressure they didnt smile once.... first and last visit for us, oh and dont get deposit for ill people back..they keep it as if not catching you enough....

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Maintains excellent standard - but I had one query”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stopped off for lunch on our journey to Manchester. We have been several times before and have never been disappointed. There is a good choice on the menu for all tastes and prices are reasonable and the staff helpful and very pleasant. My husband had a very nice sandwich which came with beautiful hand made chips and a salad garnish. As a vegetarian, my choices are always limited but I ordered the vegetable burger which came in a bun with chips and salad garnish as well. We had a fair wait but it was worth it. I expected a normal "veggie" burger but it was, in fact, a stack of char grilled vegetables with cheese (but not a lot) onion and tomato. Although a little difficult to eat it was fabulous!. Having said all that there was one slight downer. My husbands sandwich came on a slate - ok fair enough, but my vegetarian dish came on a wooden cutting block with a handle. So what? Well I just had to ask if there were different blocks for meat and vegetarian meals, as I am sure they must have them separated in their prep area, but would they think to carry this through to service? I did ask at reception and she did look at me as if I was bonkers, but assured me that she thought they probably did have separate blocks I am not convinced but will probably never know. My beautiful meal was slightly tainted by the thought that meat could have been on the same block ( and we all know how fussy EH are about meat and wood because of the cleaning aspect) My advice is that if you order the veggie burger and are a little picky about such things like me - ask for a china place. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Padova
“A Strange Sort of mix”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Service was a little patchy and the menu quite frankly eccentric. There was very little that wasn't of the fried, burger type variety and a salad option, which sounded scrumptious, turned out to be small. 'The home made' bread most certainly wasn't in the David Cameron league and not even 'home made' unless you class putting part-baked bread into an oven for a little while. Come on guys, even busy Dave does more than that! Mind you, I couldn't tell you the price!

Visited October 2013