A terrific place for a 'get-away-from-it-all' weekend.
We travelled down with the intention of climbing Snowdon from here and it is ideally situated for that.
The food is wholesome, good quality and good value. Great plates of local sausages and mash, home made steak pie and chips etc. Breakfasts are perfectly cooked and the staff go to great lengths to make sure you get it just the way you want it.
The bar is cozy and serves some great local beers.
In my opinion the owners here have got it just right. Rooms are tastefully decorated, spot-lessly clean and very comfortable. Just don't bang your head on the oak beams!
- Also Known As:
- The Lion Inn Gwytherin Hotel Gwytherin
- The Lion Inn Gwytherin Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lion Inn Gwytherin in beautiful Wales is a great place to come and eat fresh food, drink good wine and real ale and recharge your batteries. Close to Snowdonia it is a great centre from which to explore North Wales. Dating from the 16th Century, but the bedrooms take their design cues from the 21st Century - Wales Great Little Places ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Lion Inn Gwytherin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.