In other more well-known / luxurious hotels it was often the case that people would nick the towels / bathrobes, here you just want to pack the hosts (Leila and Shaun) and the whole hotel into your bag and do a runner.
Shaun and Leila - the hosts are fabulous and this reflects both through Leila's choice of interior decor and Shaun's cooking, everything meticulously prepared right down to the in-room book providing all the information you need for your stay.
The bed is very comfortable, the room spotlessly tidy and the bathroom very clean and tidy with a wonderfully hot powerful shower.
The room amenities were very well stocked with both quality tea and Pukka herbal teas and were replenished both on request and daily - this is the same for the bathroom towels.
The hotel is very peaceful, rooms are light and airy and whilst the hosts are often out and about running their family and preparing the hotel and restaurant they were more than willing to stop and just talk and nothing was too much to ask.
No matter how hard Shaun and Leila worked, no matter how clean and presentable the hotel was, the hotel needs to take a back-seat when compared to Shaun's food and Leila's front-of-house.
The food is very, very tasty, all base ingredients are locally sourced and Shaun prepares everything from scratch and the value is excellent:
Combo for Two – Mushrooms, Gratin, Ribs and Garlic Bread £12.95
Chargrilled Chicken Breast £13.95
Local Conwy Valley Lamb Steak £15.95
Frozen Blackcurrant and Liquorice Parfait with Blackcurrant Sauce £5.95
Crème Brûlée Cheesecake £5.95
Total excluding drinks £54.75 or £27 pp - excellent value
Thank-you very much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently fully referbished by new owners, we are a small country house, offering overnight accommodation with comfort and quality in mind. All rooms are en-suite and have its own private entrance, giving you the guest freedom to come and go as you please. Our on site grill restaurant offers you the diner, freshly prepared meals using locally sourced, produced and reared produce where possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo so you can book your Yr Hafod Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hafod Country Llanrwst
- Hafod Country Hotel Llanrwst
- Yr Hafod Country House Trefriw, Wales